A Trial for Humanity

With a resounding creak, the door adjacent to the esteemed judge's bench swung open, revealing the entrance of a distinguished figure. As the older man with a regal aura stepped into the room, a hush fell upon the previously bustling space, effectively stifling the murmurs that once permeated the air.

His silver-streaked hair and beard lent him an air of wisdom and authority, commanding the attention of all present. Adorning his resplendent coat were an array of gleaming medals, each one a testament to his illustrious career and unwavering dedication. These symbols of honor and distinction unequivocally designated him as a man of the highest echelon, occupying the pinnacle of the human army's hierarchy. Commander in Chief Darius Zackly.

With a graceful motion, the old man gracefully slipped off his tailored jacket, treating it with utmost care as he meticulously folded it. He placed it delicately upon the grand dais and settled himself into the center chair. As his gaze shifted towards Eren, Annie, and Ymir, his steely eyes bore into them, brimming with a profound seriousness. Rolling up the pristine sleeves of his crisp white shirt, he signaled his readiness.

"Okay, let's get started," the man said in a deep voice before flipping through the papers in his hand. "Your names are Eren Jaeger, Annie Leonhart, and Ymir. Soldiers who swore to give their lives for humanity, am I correct?"

"Yes, sir,"

"This is an exceptional case. As it is not contemplated in the law, we must carry out a special court martial. I will dictate the sentence. In this trial we will decide if we let you all live or kill you. Do you have any objection?"

"No, sir," Eren said in a voice that showed no fear.

"Very well. I will start the trial right now. The ones on the trial are Eren Yeager, Ymir, and Annie Leonhart. You three are a special case; this trial will decide whether you are safe for Humanity and whether we should execute you or not." Zackly spoke calmly as he flipped through pages, his eyes setting on Eren, who looked right back at him.

Mikasa, who was standing beside Armin, looked concerned, as did Armin, but Commander Erwin seemed completely calm and collected; same for Captain Levi and Hange Zoe; Mikasa had a small cut on her little finger, enough to draw blood in case she needed to defend Eren. Still, she was pulled out of her thoughts when Levi spoke with a hushed voice.

"Do not do anything foolish, Ackerman. Turning inside this building will only complicate things for your boyfriend; they say you have the strength of one thousand soldiers, so act like a soldier and watch." Levi spoke with a commanding voice; Mikasa almost scowled at him when Armin gave her a look as if to say not to say anything reckless, so Mikasa swallowed back her ego and decided not to do anything rash; she knew she needed to have more trust on her comrades.

"Yes, Captain," Levi didn't seem to buy her words, but nonetheless, their attention turned back to the Trial.

Unknown to the Duo Ackermans, a certain man wearing a coat was watching from the sidelines, an eager grin on his face, his eyes focused solely on Levi and a little at Mikasa. "Well, the brat hasn't grown at all; what a surprise, if anything, he's shorter than before," Kenny wondered aloud as his eyes slowly settled on the girl beside him.

"But who is the girl," He wondered out loud, the grin not leaving his face; he looked closely at the girl and could see the resemblance right away.

"Well, fuck me, she has the look alright, but where did she come from," Kenny wondered out loud, scratching the top of his head with his index finger. He knew of every Ackerman inside the Walls, yet this one seemed to have escaped his grasp somehow; as far as he knew, his old man and sister had been the only ones left until his sister gave birth to the brat.