22. The Kuru Sitcom

If a sitcom was to be made now during the time of Pandavas and their Panchali, they could have named it as the Kuru Sitcom then. Why? Well, the news of the Pandavas marrying Panchali turned the whole Kuru household into a frenzy. The Kauravas were in support of their brothers. They knew that there must be some important reason to make them take such a drastic step.

The elders, on the other hand, were in a dilemma. They trusted their beloved Pandavas and Panchali but, they didn't know how Maharaj Drupad and his family and the Yadavas were going to react to that piece of news, if they had not received the news already. Not only them, the Kuru family was also afraid how all the citizens were going to react to it. Their marriage was the most unusual one.

"Tatshree,‌ what are we going to do?" Pandu asked Bhisma. He was worried for his children.

"Ummm Pandu‌, we have to wait for them to arrive. Until then, we can't do or say anything. We don't even know what made them to take such a step." Bhisma replied in a grave tone. He knew that his grandsons knew at least something regarding the mechanisms of the society and the world. They can manage everything. However, his dearest granddaughter Panchali, was still very young naive. It's hardly been a few months since she had come out of the yagna fire. She had no knowledge and experience regarding how the society operates yet.

"You're worried about Panchali more, am I right Tatshree?" Dhritarashtra asked. Not just Bhisma, actually all were more worried regarding Panchali. That girl had yet to face all the evils of the world.

"Yes, you're right. However, I also know that Govind will never let his brothers and his best friend cum sister to get into any trouble or do any Adharma(sin)."  Bhisma tried to reassure himself as much as he could.

"They have not done any kind of Adharma, Gangaputra Devavrata." Someone said from behind. "That I can fully assure you all" The same person added.

Dhritarashtra, Pandu and Bhisma immediately turned  around to look at the source of the voice and was shocked to see Maharishi Ved Vyas standing there. Behind him stood‌ Gandhari, Kunti, Madri, Duryodhan, Dusshasan and the rest of the Kaurava brothers. All of them had a smile on their faces.

Seeing their bright smiles, Dhritarashtra, Pandu and Bhisma were able to deduce it easily that Vyasa had come as a harbinger of good news for you them.

"I k-knew it. My Pandavas and Panchali can do no such thing." Bhisma announced happily. One could see the relief that washed over his face on hearing that. The same was in the case of Dhritarashtra and Pandu. They felt relieved after hearing that their sons amd daughter was not wrong.

"Yadav Shrestha Vasudev Krishna was the one who had asked me to come here, Pandu and Dhritarashtra." Vyasa stated while looking at his two grandsons.

"He knew it that you must all be worried." He added.

"Thank you, Maharishi. We are indebted to you for that." Kunti said in a shakey voice. As a mother, she was the most worried person there.

"Putri‌,‌ believe in your sons and their upbringing. Believe in your daughter who is going to be the eldest Kulvadhu(daughter-in-law) of this Kuruvansh. Together, they're going to be the most formidable force of Aryavarta. With all of your support, they're going to be the 'harbingers of the greatest change' in the whole of Aryavarta. Although,‌ everything that has happened until now, along with being their fate, was also a part of a great evil scheme that was concocted in order to spoil the reputation of Hastinapur and your family. Moreover,‌ it seems that the contriver was targeting Panchali and the friendship of out three families i.e. the Yadavas, the Panchals, and the Kuruvanshis." Vyasa explained. He knew everything but, he omitted the information only because he wasn't supposed to say that. It was the Pandavas' job to do the needful.

"Thank you so much, Maharishi Vyasa ji." Madri joined her hands in a pranam (namaste). "Our faith in our children may have dwindled for a second but, you made sure to restore it in our hearts again." She added.

"Madri, we should thank our Govind too.  He is the one who had sent Vyasa ji here to clear all our doubts. Without him, we would still have been worried for nothing." Gandhari piped in.

"You're right, putri Gandhari. We should thank both of them." Bhisma agreed.

Duryodhan, Dusshasan and their brothers breathed out a sigh of relief. Unlike their elders, they never doubted their brothers. If not for Vyasa ji and Govind, they would have tried to pacify everyone on their own. Now, they didn't have to do anything because their job was done.

In Varnavrat

In Varnavrat

Purochan had no idea that his master plan would backfire. The next day, he asked the Pandavas and their wife Panchali to return back to Hastinapur. He was sure that they would be thrown out of the kingdom the moment they confront their families. Sadly, to his utter dismay,‌ Krishna had already foiled his plan.

The Pandavas were also sceptical about going to Hastinapur. They weren't sure about whether their families would understand the circumstances under which they were forced to be a part of the matrimony.

It was only after Panchali's assurance and encouragement, that they were able to gather their courage to go to Hastinapur and face their family. However, before agreeing with Panchali, each of the brothers vouched to safeguard Panchali's honour and sanctity. After everything that has had happened, she deserved that at least. For, if not for her sacrifice, they would have gotten into more trouble. She was like their lifebuoy now. They were sure that, if not for her, Purochan and his allies (whoever they were), would have directly targeted them instead, if Panchali would not have been there.