28. A Night to Remember - II

The Pandavas made Panchali to sit on one of the two sofas. On her two sides, sat Yudhisthir and Arjun, making her feel as if she was in some kind of a cocoon where nothing bad can reach her. On her opposite side sat Bheem, Nakul and Sahdev.

A few minutes later, the dasis came and served them their dinner. Panchali's mouth watered just by looking at the lavish dinner. Bheem's condition was no different. He caught his wife gawking at the food and winked at her.

 He caught his wife gawking at the food and winked at her

The rest of the Pandavas had an amused look on their faces

The rest of the Pandavas had an amused look on their faces. Their brother Bheem has finally met his true companion it seems.

"Krishnaa, don't worry. This meal won't vanish if you divert your eyes from it." Arjun teased his wife.

"Huh??" Panchali couldn't understand what her husband meant.

"Kalyani, what Arjun wanted to say is that you should give some of your attention to your poor husbands. They've been dying to spend some time with you alone." Yudhisthir whispered into her ears softly and bit the tip of her left ear.

"Uhhh!" Panchali reacted easily to his action.

"Jyesth, spare my wife. She's not your meal, you know?" Nakul teased his elder brother.

"Yes, Jyesth. Nakul is right. Such a lavish dinner has been spread before us and you are biting my wife's ears?" Bheem smirked.

Yudhisthir knew that his brothers were pulling his legs yet, he glared at them (playfully).

"Ayonija, why have not you taken the first bite of the meal yet?" Sahdev suggested. "We want you to retain all your energy. " He added. What he meant was that, after Varnavrat, none of them had gotten the chance to have a good meal. Especially, Panchali, who wasn't used to all of that.

"Sahdev, what do you mean by that exactly? What are you hinting at? Are you asking her to eat so that she feels energised for our 'night'?" Nakul asked while air quoting the word 'night'. Sahdev slapped his forehead in annoyance while the others laughed at his expense. The only person who wasn't laughing was Draupadi. She wasn't able to understand what her husbands were talking about.