26. A Celebration

The Yadavas and the family of Panchal joined the family reunion as well. They were mostly ecstatic but a bit sad that their beloved Panchali would be beginning her married life now.

As Dau was older than the Pandavas, he fulfilled the duty of threatening them.

"Pandavas, I hope you won't dare to make my little sister sad. Be with her through thick and thin. Never leave her hand even for once. Keep her happy, no matter what. If not, I will hunt you down and my mace will answer everything." He warned in a menacing tone. The Pandavas gulped in fear. However, they knew that it was the protective instinct of an older brother that made him say it.

"Don't worry, Dau. We won't let Panchali to shed a single tear." Yudhisthir vouched.

"We'll protect her at all costs with our life." Bheem promised.

"We'll make sure she's always happy and never sad." Arjun held Dau's hand and gave it a little squeeze. It was his way of assuring his wife's elder brother that she's safe hands. They'll protect her with their lives.

"Yes, Dau. We'll fulfill all her wishes and treat as the sole queen of our heart." Nakul announced it with all the sincerity.

"For us, she's our heart, our life-force. If anything ever happens to her, the Pandavas won't survive a single second. So, the possibility of she getting hurt because of us won't even arise. We will forever keep her safe and sound in the cocoon of our love." Sahdev promised from heart.

Krishna and Dau were more than satisfied now. Their little sister will get what she truly deserves now.

Satyajit, Shikhandini, Dyumna and Ashwathama were happy too. For them nothing mattered more than their sister's happiness. If the Pandavas have promised about keeping their sister happy‌, it was more than enough for them. However, Satyajit decided that he should do the needful regarding his responsibility as Panchali's elder brother.

"Just in case you all fail in keeping your promises, I won't hesitate to do what a brother needs to do." Although his threat was an indirect one, it was clear for the Pandavas what Satya had meant.

"Not just Satya, you all will end up being the targets of my arrows too." Ashwathama joined in. He considered Panchali as his sister too.

"And my sword won't mind coming out of its sheath either then." Dyumna might be younger than the Pandavas but he was older than Panchali at least. So, technically he was older than the five mighty warriors in terms of relationship.

"And us too. We may be your brothers but Panchali is our little sister too." Duryodhan and Dusshasan said in sync.

The Pandavas understood what Panchali meant for everyone. That little fireball had no idea that she was dear to so many people.

As they glanced at the elders, they knew that their Pitamah, Tatshree, and Pitashree would have the same things to say like as all the others. And that fact didn't make them jealous or sad. If possible, their love and respect for Panchali increased by tenfold now. They were indeed the luckiest to have gotten her as their wife.

The Pandavas looked like lovesick puppies as they stared at their wife whose beauty surpassed everybody else's beauty in this universe. She was being showered with all the love from her family as well as the Yadavas who were her second family.

The youngsters smirked seeing the state of the Pandavas. They were truly smitten.

"She's yours only. So, you don't have to stare so much, you know?" Shikhandini teased. She had an amused smile on her face. So did all the others.

The Pandavas looked at everyone and then got embarrassed. Ugh! Princess, now everyone else knows what we feel for you except for you.

Panchali's case was no different. The two wives of her Sakha Krishna and her Dau's wife was having one ball of a time in teasing her while teaming up with her best friend Subhadra. By now, she was sure that her cheeks might have turned redder than the tomatoes in color.