[chapter six] crystal clear lies

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

"We are moving into town." Rebekah blurted out, completely catching the Hale off guard.

"I'm sorry, what?" Aires muttered with narrowed eyes.  

Not once had the Mikaelsons ever stepped foot inside Beacon Hills, and suddenly they were moving into the town. Aires stared back at them with a blank expression, unsure of what to make of the situation.

She should've been happy, ecstatic even. The last remaining people in her family were moving into her town where she could finally be closer with them. However, she couldn't stop the warning that blared in her head.

Something wasn't right.

"Little Hale?" Klaus called out, a frown formed on his features as he assessed the girl.

There was nothing. No sign of emotion, no sign of life. She was simply, blank.

"Aires." He called out again, but this time with more force, however, he still received no response.

The girl was so lost inside of her head, analysing every possible reason for their presence until she finally stumbled upon one with the most reasonable explanation.

'The second we find out if it's true, we will be in Beacon Hills.'

Those were the exact words she had heard in Stiles memory, they words she heard inside his mind. They were in town for a reason, and from what she remembered about the memory, it didn't seem to be a good one.

Before Aires had the chance to ask, the blaring sound of her ringtone ripped through the room. Muttering, a small apology, she snapped out of her trance and pulled her phone out and lifted it to her ear.

"What?" She snapped much harsher than she intended to.

"Aires." Lydia whispered, panic laced her voice.

"I'm on my way." Aires quickly mumbled. "Look as much as I would love to continue with this family reunion, I have to leave. Something has probably happened that will require my immediate and full attention, so if you will please excuse me."

"Aires-"

"This is my life. Always on the move, never having a break. So I'm sorry for my rudeness but I really have to leave."

Ignoring the confused expressions that were thrown her way, Aires practically ran out the house and jumped into the jeep. From the sound of Lydia's voice, something had to have gone wrong.

And she was betting that it had something to do with her brother.

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

By the time Aires arrived at the animal clinic, all hell had broken loose. Screams filled the air as she charged her way through the reception. She knew something bad had happened, however she never thought about just how bad it could be.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN?" Stiles demanded, anger laced his tone as he frustratedly threw his hands in the air.

"I MEAN HE'S GONE."

"What the hell do you mean he's gone?" Aires hissed with narrowed eyes as she crossed her arms over her chest.

From the startled expression on Stiles face, she was guessing Lydia had yet to tell everyone that she had called the Hale.

"So is anyone going to answer my question?" The girl demanded, anger burned in her eyes as she forced herself to keep her emotions at bay. 

All it took was one small outburst for her to explode. And the consequences that would follow was something they all couldn't afford to face.