[chapter sixty one] look at us now

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

"Hi." Stiles whispered sleepily as a sheepish grin crept onto his lips.

"Hey." The girl whispered back, her voice void of emotion as she stared at the boy, unsure of what to do.

After Stiles' revelation of what had happened with Donovan, she had taken the wrench from the boy's hands- what she believed to be the murder weapon- and stashed it in her room. It wasn't what Stiles had asked her to do, and she didn't know if it was even something he wanted her to do.

She didn't know how to help him.

Once his tears had subsided, she had shoved him into her car and brought him to her room, tucking him to sleep in her bed whilst she paced around her room for hours on end, racking her brain for an indication on what to do.

"How long have you been awake?" He asked groggily whilst rolling onto his side.

"Not long."

She hadn't slept.

"How are you feeling? Do you need a drink?" She asked with a tilt of her head.

"No. I'm okay."

"Are you?"

Silence filled the air as the two stared at each other, Aires eyes were lifeless and empty and Stiles were filled with something the girl couldn't detect, something she couldn't make sense of. She had always been able to read Stiles like a book, but then, in that moment, it was like looking into the eyes of a stranger.

"Aires." Stiles whispered as his eyes dropped to the ground.

"Stiles."

"Stop." He suddenly hissed with a scowl.

"Stop what?" Aires shot back as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"That."

"What is that?"

With a growl, the boy jumped off of the bed and stormed over to the girl, their bodies inches apart. His eyes narrowed on hers as the sounds of his ragged breathing filled the air.

"Aires." He hissed through clenched teeth.

"Stiles." She shot back as her fingers began to curl into her hands.

"What I told you last night-"

"Won't ever leave my lips, you know that-"

"I should have never told you." He snapped.

"Then why did you?"

Deafening silence filled the air as the two narrowed their eyes on each other, communicating without words. Aires knew it had to have been self defence, it was the only explanation she could think of. And Stiles knew that she knew that, he trusted her- more than anyone else in the world.

But he couldn't cope with what he had done- it was consuming him.

"I shouldn't have told you." He snarled as he took a step closer towards her, slowly backing her against the wall.

"But you did, Stiles. You told me."

"And it was a big fucking mistake." He hissed before crashing his lips onto the girls.

Quickly, his arms snaked around her body, hoisting her in the air and allowing her legs to attach around his waist. A soft moan fell from his lips as his fingers dug into her hair, pulling her as close to him as possible.

"Stiles." She moaned before tipping her head to the side, avoiding his kiss.

"Ree." He whispered as he began planting a trail of kisses down the side of her neck. "Ree-"