[chapter sixty three] she's got a war in her mind

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

West coast by Lana Del Rey blared through the speakers of my car as I sped down the backroads of Beacon Hills. My eyes narrowed on the road ahead of me as I pushed my foot harder on the pedal, pushing the car to drive one hundred and twenty miles per hour.

I knew it was stupid, but I had a death wish.

As the haunting view of Eichen House came into view, I pulled over at the side of the road and let out a sharp breath. I had been the first to show up, which meant I was alone and forced to deal with the sickening sensation that haunted me by myself.

Slowly, my eyes flickered to the mirror in my car to find myself glaring at my own reflection. I hadn't even stepped inside the building and I was already on edge, too on edge.

With a shake of my head, I wasted no time digging into my pocket and pulling out a pack of pills I knew I would need in order to make it through the visit. Ignoring my consciousness, I crushed the pills on the dashboard and rolled up a dollar bill before bringing my nose to the powder and snorting it.

As the opioids invaded my body, I felt myself start to breathe- however, I was far from being able to relax.

My eyes flickered back to the mirror, only to be met with dead, lifeless eyes. Eyes which had dark circles around them, eyes which I despised.

A frustrated scream ripped from my lips as my hands balled into fists and slammed against the steering wheel. The screams didn't stop, and neither did the punches I continued to throw.

Something was wrapped around my soul, choking me to the point I pleaded for death. I was playing a dangerous game, I was spiralling down a dangerous road. I knew things were worse than last time, however, I also knew that it was just the beginning.

"FUCK!" I screamed as I continued to slam my fists against the steering wheel, staining it with my blood.

A choking growl slipped past my lips as my fists finally fell onto my lips, bruised, bloody and battered.

I was slipping into an all time low.

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

After Scott had arrived, the pack slowly made their way towards the entrance of Eichen House, silence sat between them. Quickly, Scotts eyes flickered to the girl, watching as she walked lifelessly to the place that would forever haunt her.

He had yet to tell her who they were visiting, and for a second, a small wave of guilt hit him before he forced it aside.

Valack was behind bars after he had gone 'crazy' experimenting on himself, though that didn't mean Aires would be safe. Just the mention of his name would be enough to paralyse her in fear.

"You don't have to come, Ree." Lydia whispered whilst strolling over to the girl.

"No, no I do. I know this place, and the last time you and me were here together we almost died. And then the times before that I almost died. You're not going in there without me."

She also wanted to know why Scott was so desperate for her to come, she wanted to know what he was up to- though she didn't say that out loud.

"Fine." Lydia huffed out before giving the girl a sad smile, she knew there was no point fighting her on it.

"Promise me you will come out of there." Malia suddenly blurted out whilst pulling the Hale into a tight hug. Though she wasn't going inside with them, that didnt mean she wasn't going to wait outside for them. "Promise me you will come out, Aires."