[chapter seventy] running towards the whisper

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

"What happened, Aires?"

I couldn't tell him- I didn't know if I could trust him- I didn't know if I should.

"Aires." He pressed in a low whisper. "What does subject thirteen mean?"

With empty, lifeless eyes, I stared back at him with my mask perfectly placed. I thought I knew what it meant, I thought I figured it out- but had I? Was I right or was I losing my mind like Lydia said?

I didn't know anything.

"Aires." He hissed whilst tightening his grip on my arm as he finished the last of the stitches. "Seriously? The silent treatment?"

An angered growl slipped past his lips as he shook his head whilst narrowing his eyes on me. I wanted to scream in his face, to let everything out, to go fucking crazy and break every single thing in sight. But I couldn't. I didn't have the luxury of falling apart, not when I had everyone's eyes on me.

I learnt my lesson the last time I fell apart in front of my 'friends', I learnt from the mistake of letting them see me as a mess. Now all they saw me as was a cold, heartless bitch- they were right.

I had become cold.

Suddenly, Blake wrapped a hand around the back of my neck and tugged me closer to him, forcing me to look at him as he glared at me with rage like I had never seen before. "If you dont tell me what the fuck happened to your arms, god help me Aires Hale, I will rip apart every inch of Beacon Hills until I find the answer. I will kill anyone and everyone, I will burn this hell hole to the ground- so tell me, what or who did that to you? Give me a fucking name."

"I did it." I hissed with narrowed eyes, letting the mask slip away as my rage came to the surface. "I cut my arms, Blake. It was me." Something flickered in his eyes, something I couldn't quite decipher.

"Why?" He whispered calmly.

"I don't know."

Something about Blake made it so easy for the truth to slip past my lips. I wanted to let him in, to tell him everything- to let him see me. I had never felt that before- the burning desire to let someone see every part of you- the good, bad and ugly. Even with Stiles, even with Allison, I only ever let them see half of me- I only showed them small parts.

I wanted Blake to see every part of myself- because from the moment I locked eyes with him, I knew he would understand. And the desire to be understood was all I had ever wanted in life.

Blakes soul was like mine- tattered, corrupted, shattered beyond repair. We knew barely anything about each other, and yet understood each other so well. I didn't believe in fate, star crossed lovers or soulmates, but I knew I was supposed to meet Blake. I knew our souls were supposed to have met, I just didnt know why- only that I appreciated him more than words could ever express.

"What do you mean you don't know?" He asked softly, unravelling the walls I had tried to create around him.

"I'm going insane, literally fucking crazy. I don't even know if this is real- if you're actually you, or if you're just a figment of my imagination. I don't know if I should trust you."

I wanted to trust him so badly, yet the consuming fear that he would hate me was corrupting me. To trust him or to keep my mouth shut?

"I'm really me, Aires." He muttered with a smirk, making me roll my eyes. "Believe me. Now tell me what happened."