[chapter sixty six] no time to die

TW for this chapter.

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

After Eichen House, Malia had refused to leave me alone. I loved and hated it all at once. On one hand, I was grateful for her company, grateful that we had some type of friendship. On the other hand- I hated the way she watched me, how she tiptoed around me, how she was walking on eggshells around me.

My aching body burned to the point of agony, however, I forced the pain aside and continued to run through the woods. The pain was thrilling, relaxing, it soothed the voices in my head.

"Aires." Malia growled whilst wrapping her hand around mine and forcing me to stop.

"What?"

"Slow down."

With a roll of my eyes, we took off again at a slower pace, but still one that made my body burn. After New Orleans- hell after The Society, everyone had distanced themselves from me. I couldn't say I blamed them.

Liam could no longer stay in the same room as me without having a nervous breakdown, Kira could barely make eye contact with me, Scott hated me, Lydia could barely be around me for more than ten minutes without leaving, Chris couldn't hold a proper conversation with me, even Isaac had distanced himself from me, Malia avoided me- though she liked to pretend she didn't.

Even me and Stiles had fallen apart, slowly slipped away from each other.

The Society had burned every single one of my relationships down to the ground, it had taken everything from me.

"You okay?" I muttered to Malia.

"Yeah." She shot back defeatedly.

"No you're not."

"It's nothing, I'm just confused about something in my head- I can't seem to figure it out. That's all."

"Is it about your birth mom?"

I knew Malia had been looking into her birth mom, looking for answers- though she hadn't come up with anything. Peter's list of ex lovers was long, and even though he had given her the potential names of people, it was still a long list to comb through.

"No it's to do with someone- something else- anyways, have you spoken to our dad?"

A shudder rolled through me as I slowly shook my head. After The Society- after losing Derek, Cora and Lilah, he had moved to New York and hadn't been back since, he also had not spoken to me since. Though nobody else knew that, they assumed I was still in contact with him, little did they know.

"Not in a while." I shot back with a shrug.

"You should, he seems worried about you."

"If he was so worried about me he would come here, or call me."

"He won't ever come back." Malia muttered with a hint of a frown.

I didn't blame him.

The second I finished high school, I was out of Beacon Hills. I corrupted everything and everyone around me, the town corrupted me. I wanted out, and I would get out- before Beacon Hills killed me.

"How are you and Stiles?" Malia suddenly blurted out.

"We are- I don't know."

A frown tugged on Malia's face as she narrowed her eyes on me. "What does that mean?"

"I don't know how we are." I bluntly shot back while resisting the urge to roll my eyes.

"Are you guys together again?"