𝒙𝒙𝒙. if you die, you die

HAWKINS, INDIANA — 1985

THERESA COULD NOT STOP LAUGHING as she took the joint from Steve, pushing her hair out of her face.

"I can't tell if it's working," she remarked, giggling uncontrollably once more.

Steve made an amused face, placing an arm behind his head as he observed her. They had moved to the backseat, the rain still hitting Steve's car in a heavy stream. A rock song played softly over the radio as Tess passed the joint back to Steve, coughing a little with another laugh.

"I think it's working," he replied, taking a hit. Theresa grew unusually quiet as her smile dimmed slightly, studying Steve.

He noticed her staring, raising an eyebrow. "...Why are you staring at me?"

She bit the inside of her cheek, tilting her head. "Have you ever noticed how many moles you have?"

Steve blinked slowly, then Tess crawled over to him and grabbed his face on either side. He stared up at her with wide-eyed confusion as she sat in his lap, Theresa still giving him an intent stare.

"What are you doing?" he finally asked.

"Shh," she placed a finger over his lips. After a moment, Tess began to bubble with laughter again, falling forward and burying her face into Steve's chest as she snickered.

He shook his head, amused. "I think that's enough weed for you."

Theresa sat back, her mouth falling open dramatically. "What? I was just starting to have fun!"

She began to get off of Steve when he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her back.

"No, stay right here," he whined, Tess falling back into his lap with a huff.

"Steve," she giggled as he kissed her neck very lightly, tracing over the places where he had already left marks.

Theresa's eyes fluttered shut at the feeling, running her hands through his hair as his lips raised goosebumps on her skin.

"Steve," she finally moved away, looking down at him with a slight smile. "Why are you so horny?"

Steve looked at her with a blank expression. "Because you're fuckin' hot?"

She pulled her lips in, tilting her head up as she thought, then shrugging.

"Fair enough."