𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊. i'm a genius

HAWKINS, INDIANA — 1985

"SUZIE, DO YOU COPY?"

Theresa and Steve frowned, looking down at the walkie-talkie in Robin's hands.

Dustin gave his sentence a few more frantic attempts, and finally, he got a response.

"This is Suzie, I copy!"

All three of their eyes widened, exchanging a look.

"She's real?" Tess remarked in disbelief.

Dustin continued to apologize to Suzie for their lack of communication, everyone growing impatient as they listened.

"Okay, so listen. Do you know Planck's constant?" he asked.

"Do you know the Earth orbits the sun?" Suzie replied.

Theresa raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, so I know it starts with two sixes, and then a... what is it?"

Suzie paused. "Okay, let me just be clear on this. I haven't heard from you in a week and now you want a mathematical equation that you should know so you can... save the world?"

"Suzie-poo, I promise, I will make it up to you as soon as possible," Dustin gushed.

Theresa stared out of the back window of the station wagon, seeing that the giant monster was still tailing them. They did not have time for this. She fought the urge to interject and say something, trying to stay patient.

"You could make it up to me now," Suzie replied.

"What?"

"I want to hear it," Suzie continued.

Tess frowned, confused. "The hell is she talking about?"

Steve and Robin shrugged.

"Not right now," Dustin tried to reason, but Suzie was clearly not having that.

"Yes, now, Dusty-bun!"

Theresa threw her head back, rolling her eyes. "You've got to be fucking kidding me," she muttered.

Dustin cut back in. "Suzie-poo, this is urgent!"

"Yes, yes, you're saving the world, I heard you the first time. But– Ged is also saving Earthsea and he's about to confront the shadow, so this is Suzie signing off–"