15

After rescuing Elena, Amelia returned home and of course her parents gave her a scolding for running off like that. Even Tyler was worried about her. And Caroline.

After promising she won't do that, the time to talk about Tyler's werewolf condition and where he's gonna have his first turn is now.

Caroline was nervous at first. Being in a house full of werewolves. Especially Evolved Werewolves. There bite being lethal to vampires 24/7.

Amelia even heard from her on what Damon told her in what she would do, something the She-Wolf is gonna have a stern talking with.

Kiara assured her that as long as she behaves herself, she'll be fine. They've decided to have his first change in North Carolina. Which is 2 Hours away. After school, Amelia, along with Desmond, Hunter and Danelle and of course, Caroline will accompany Tyler there. The reason for her is because should there be any campers in the forest, she'll compel them to leave before the full moon is at its peak. That and she'll make sure the park rangers won't ask or go snooping.

Tyler has never been apart of a pack before. And was told the the first change is a right of passage into it.

After the talk, he and Amelia drove home with Caroline. She dropped her off first before going to the Lockwoods.

During the drive back, Tyler thought about what he's about to go through. He knew Amelia along with a view others will be with him when he changes for the first time but he wonders how long will it be when Mason and Nat plans the wedding. So he can control his shifting. But nonetheless, he believes this ritual will work.

Until then, he keeps his head down for now and go on like nothing happened.

As for Amelia, she can't stop thinking about that vampire she saw. The one that was dressed in a black suit that cost a lot. She can tell he's powerful. Powerful then any other vampires.

She also wonders about what Elena told her. That she's the sacrifice to break a curse. Regardless, she's not gonna let that happened. But she wonders though, will they'll be able to stop what's coming?

They stopped at Tyler's mansion. "You ok?" She asked.

"Yeah, planning a trip to North Carolina. To have my first change in the woods and wake up naked, hoping that I only killed an animal and not a human being."

"Tyler, you won't. I'll be there to make sure you won't. Caroline will also compel anyone to pack up and leave to make sure it's safe to roam around." Amelia eased him before putting a hand on his. "Trust me."

"I do." They both kissed before Tyler gets out. "See you tomorrow."

Amelia nods before leaving home.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Woods

"Matt's bumming pretty hard." Tyler notes.

"I know. It's better this way." Amelia puts a hand on her best friend. "I get it."

"You do?"

"Yeah. You can't be honest with him." Caroline stops and looks at Amelia who stops as well. "It's not really fair to be with someone and not really let them know who you are. I get it. That's why before our little tussle in the cellar, I was gonna tell him. But we know how that went. But it turned out better." Amelia looks at Tyler and he nods at her, agreeing.

They start to walk again and Caroline follows them. She remembers when Amelia shifted in front of Tyler. And her and Stefan. A beautiful russet brown wolf.