135

The Abattoir (Balcony)

Rebekah watches over The French Quarter and sees that everything is alright. No deaths have been reported and all seems well. Minus The Nightwalkers, who will love nothing more then to purge the city of all hybrids and werewolves, which they can't do. To think they were going to start with Hayley and Amelia.

Speaking for the werewolf, Rebekah sees her with Tyler. Her husband and twin boys. She hadn't seen them since they were eight years old. She can't believe how much they've gown. Into fine young men. Well... they are fifteen. Will be sixteen in March. As she watched them hug their mother, Rebekah wished that was her. Married to a man and have kids of her own. She would do anything to have that.

She sensed Marcel was near her. "You've watched the French Quarter triumph over far worse than this."

Marcel replied. "There's always a new storm coming."

She gestured Marcel to Amelia. "You know I used to talk to her on the phone. Telling me how she met him. Tyler. They were kids. Just friends. Then best friends. And even though he was dating someone else, he had feelings for her. Later on, they became a couple. They went from boyfriend and girlfriend, to husband and wife, and now they're parents to eight kids. Me? I want that. Minus the whole longevity and turning into a giant wolf. I want a life with context. I want to have children and grow old. I want to... die a brittle lady with spots on my hands and clouds in my eyes. But I'll never have that."

Marcel hardly seems interested in the concept of mortality. "You get to have so much more than that. We get to bear witness, to watch history unfold, to see barriers fall, to see the oppressed rise. We get to watch it all. Together. Isn't that worth it? I mean Amelia and Tyler, along with wolves like her, along with other vampires get to see that."

Rebekah shakes her head. "That's why you're so great at being a vampire, Marcel. You chose this. I didn't have a choice. I'm cursed and... I'm angry. I don't want you to promise to be by my side while I fester. 'Cause I love you, Marcel. That's why I won't let my sadness destroy you."

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

Now that Elijah is back, Tyler goes to hunt Roman and bring him to The Abattoir. They have Antoinette, now all they need is him.

Amelia checks her phone and so far, no attacks have been reported in Mystic Falls, Aspen or anywhere else. She misses home. She misses her kids, as she also just got off the phone with them, wondering when they'll come home.

"I take the little ones from Mystic Falls are waiting for their parents?" Amelia looks up to see Rebekah. "You should go to them."

"I would, but..." Amelia took a deep breath and decided it was best to tell her. "I told you who I killed to activate the werewolf gene, did I?" Rebekah nodded her head yes. "Even though he was innocent, and compelled by Katherine, the way how he chased me through the woods, had me pinned down, made me feel helpless, powerless would be more like it. And when the Nightwalkers got me, they pumped up YW (Yellow Wolfsbane) in me to the point I was weak as a human. And that I felt the worst pain when they took off my werewolf birthmark. The mark that has been carried by many lunar wolves before me." Amelia will never forget that. The way how that vampire brought a heated knife and cut of her mark. She'll never forget how she screamed in pain. They took that which they had no right to take.

The only thing that kept Amelia going was the hope she will see her husband and kids again. Her pack and her best friends. Her family again.

But there were moments where she didn't think she will make it.