61

Bonnie sees Jeremy (or, rather, imagines him) and shares a dance with him with Rihanna's Stay playing in the background. She discovers it is really Silas when "Jeremy" tries to convince her to bring him back by giving the cure to Silas. Angry, she leaves. Caroline shares a dance with Stefan, and he admits he is having difficulty moving on from Elena because a part of him still cares for her.

Caroline comforts him by saying it is natural, though she ends up leaving the prom she organized in depression over not having Desmond around.

Rebekah asks April to make her prom queen, not using her compulsion to do so, with Elena demanding she does. Rebekah asks Matt whether she would make a good human, but he says she will not because she has never done anything good, upsetting her.

Damon is outside nostalgic as he thinks of Elena, and Stefan comes and bluntly points out that he and Elena had a real relationship, while she and Damon had sex that may have been caused by the sire bond. Angered, Damon charges at him only to be stacked by Stefan, revealing himself as Silas. Stefan is currently in the woods in a similar position.

Matt and Bonnie are crowned King and Queen, leaving Rebekah disappointed. Elena overhears the others' conversation about Silas and realizes that so long as Bonnie is around, Silas will prevail in breaking the veil that keeps the supernatural on the Other Side. If this happens, people such as Alaric and Jeremy will come back, and Elena does not want Jeremy to convince her to turn her humanity back on. She resolves to kill Bonnie to prevent this, as Silas needs her. Elena attacks Bonnie behind the curtains and Bonnie uses her Expression to stop her while wind and magic blow through the rest of the school and Bonnie tells Matt she has to leave. Confronted by Matt and April, Elena hits April's head on a desk, bites her and says, "That's for not letting Rebekah win Prom Queen', but she is actually sore from losing against Bonnie. Rebekah comes by and Matt asks her to heal a dying April with her blood, though it will cause her to lose her bet with Elijah.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Hale Mansion

Caroline enters the house carrying brown bags filled with groceries

Caroline enters the house carrying brown bags filled with groceries. She sets them down and turns around to see Amelia, Desmond and Tyler standing behind her, both guys wearing a suit, Amelia wearing a dress and Desmond holding a bouquet of flowers. "Amelia, Desmond, Tyler."

Desmond was at a loss for words. He knew she'd looked good in any dress, but never did she imagine "I don't think you've ever looked more beautiful."

"Oh, my god. Desmond." She runs to him and hugs him, kisses him briefly. Desmond did his best to hide his emotions.

Caroline looks at Amelia who's body is slightly, a little big. "Amelia." The two besties hugged it out briefly. "Congratulations."

"Thanks Care. It's good to be back." Amelia's tears formed. Although they've been gone at least two months, it felt like forever.