23: Enter Stage Left

"How did you get in here...?" Tomoya asked, his voice neutral but shaky. 

"You gave me the code the night I slept over." Natsuo reminded him. His voice was also coloured by shock. He was still sitting on the ground, seemingly unable or uninterested in getting up. 

Quickly Tomoya got up off of the cough and made his way over to the door. He made sure it was locked before enabling the new fingerprint lock he had bought for the inside. 

Basically neither Natsuo nor Dabi could leave until Tomoya let them out. 

He wasn't quite sure if that was psychotic or forward thinking, but it didn't matter. It was practical. 

When he returned to the main room neither of the two had spoken a word, simply staring at each other. 

"How do you know him?" Touya asked seriously. 

"He's my friend from university." The killer explained, "We met months ago.". Touya swallowed and nodded, not meeting Natsuo's eyes again. 

"And how did you too meet?" Natsuo asked, still in disbelief. "You're Dabi right? You're a member of the league of villains. You kidnapped Shoto's classmate and destroyed Deika City.". 

"Guilty as charged." Dabi said, slightly sheepishly. "You know who I am, don't you?". 

"How could I not?". 

Silence fell over the room before Natsuo looked up again. 
"Can I hug you?" He asked shakily. Dabi looked shocked, but nodded easily, standing up with his arms open. Natsuo rose to his feet and awkwardly fit himself into Dabi's arms. 

The pair were awkward for only a millisecond before Touya ruffled Natsuo's hair and they both relaxed. It looked more like a hug between long lost brothers now. Both seemed reticent to let go. 

"Where did you go?" Natsuo asked, his voice thick with tears. 

"Well," Touya began, also sounding emotional, "our dear father tried to kill me, someone found me and saved me. I was unconscious for nearly 3 months, but he just forgot about me. Told everyone I was dead even though he didn't know where my body was. Guess he thought he just incinerated it. I became a villain because I wanted to expose hero society for what it really was.". 

"Why did you never tell us where you were, or that you were alive?" Natsuo demanded, wiping his own tears away. "I went to your grave and sobbed, sobbed over losing you! And this whole time you were alive?!". 

"I couldn't go back." Touya admitted, blood welling up in the corner of his eyes. Tomoya immediately went to find some tissues. "I'm so sorry Natsu I just-not after he had already told the world I was gone and tried to erase my existence.". 

Tomoya handed Dabi a tissue and then and only then did the pair pull apart. 

"And you met us both without knowing?" Natsuo asked, a slight laugh of disbelief in his voice. 

"Yeah." Tomoya said honestly, "I didn't know you two had a thing to do with each other. I figured it out the night you brought me to your dad's place for dinner but I couldn't say anything. I was too shocked.". 

All of that was, surprisingly, the truth. 

"I can't fault you for that." Natsuo said simply, "I was shocked beyond words. If I was an outsider, I wouldn't even know where to start. Family shit can be hard. This is....like nothing I ever imagined.". 

"You never cease to amaze me baby." Touya said, tossing the bloody tissue aside and kissing Tomoya's forehead quickly. Natsuo had seen them doing much worse, but he still gave his brother a strange look.