13: A Coincidence, I'm Sure

Remember Professor Yasu? The one that was droning on about all sorts of useless things Tomoya already knew about? 

Well it turned out in the last few minutes Tomoya missed, he announced that they were doing work studies. Nothing crazy-none of them were licensed medical professionals or residents yet-but his class was a first response/first aid course, so it made sense that they could go to a hospital and hand them gauze and stuff. 

The fact he had missed the announcement gave him limited time to prepare for where he was going. And he liked everything to be planned out. 

"Ah, my star student!" The man said, smiling in a way Tomoya found revolting. 

"You flatter me professor." He said, smiling back bashfully. 

"No no, you deserve the praise. I've got a very unique assignment for you, Hajime.". The teacher rooted around in his binder and pulled out a form for Tomoya to sign. He placed it on the desk in front of the student. 

'Endeavor Hero Agency'. Tomoya read the words over multiple times to make sure he was reading it correctly. 

"As a university our medical program has an excellent reputation." Yasu explained, "We work a little quicker than most schools, I'm sure you're aware of this.". Tomoya nodded. He had chosen to go here for that reason. "Well because of that the hero commission offered us a chance to give you guys some early on-site experience in hero agencies, tending to minor, non-hospitalizing wounds.". 

"And I recommended you for Endeavor's Agency. You'll give us a good name.". 

Tomoya took a moment to look properly bewildered before signing the form. "Thank you professor! Its-I didn't expect this.". 

Yasu obviously thought he was nothing more than a sweet little med student that would be crushed by real violence and blood because his sneer when he reminded Tomoya that he'd see a lot of injuries while there was disgusting. 

"When do I start?". 

"Tomorrow at 9 am, they'll email you the rest of the details once I let them know you've accepted.". 

Tomoya tried very hard to school his expression out of a smirk and into a more innocent smile. 

"How could I say no?". 

Tomoya was a lot of things (probably more things than a normal person) but an idiot was not one of them. 

Lucky wasn't one of them either. 

Of course he had pulled strings to get himself Endeavor's Agency. He'd forged emails from other professors that never spoke to Yasu to tell him that 'Hajime's just perfect for that job!' and made them untraceable afterwards. 

Then he dug around into the spreadsheet all of their names were kept on to ensure that he had been put down for Endeavor's agency. 

It was an opportunity he simply couldn't pass up. After Dabi's near miss in Kamino he had decided to speed it up massively. No more waiting. 

He also couldn't watch Natsuo suffer living under that asshole's roof any longer. 

It was a matter of when, not if now. 

Normally after that sort of news he would go home and do nothing for a few hours, plan out specific poisons maybe. But he had an appointment to keep. 

Tomoya smiled to himself at the reminder. 

---------- ------------ ---------- ----------- ---------- ----------- ----------- -------- 

"Hiya Eri!".