SEVEN

"What the fuck is this?" Was the first thing I heard as I opened my eyes. Opening them fully, I noticed that Kalen was standing in front of me, with a confused face.

I looked beside me, feeling an arm around my shoulder and I saw Christian who was now also awake. I stood up from the couch and looked at Kalen, not really knowing what to say.

"Kalen, it's not what it looks like." I stated as Christian also stood up and stood beside me.

"It's not what it looks like?" Kalen repeated. "It looks like my sister is sleeping with Christian Yelich. Am I wrong?"

"Yes, you're wrong." I told him as I stepped closer to him but he moved backwards. "That's not what we were doing."

Kalen shook his head and Christian spoke, "Kalen, I'm not sleeping with you sister. We were just hanging out."

"Is this why you were being so nice to me on my birthday?" Kalen asked, seeming a bit sad and mad at the same time. "Because you're going out with my fucking sister."

"No Kalen, listen..." Christian tried to reason with him but Kalen was not having it.

"I don't want to hear it." Kalen said and then looked at me. "How long have you been lying to me?" 

"I haven't been lying to you." I told him because I didn't really consider this me lying to him. I didn't want to say anything to him without knowing for sure if Christian was going to stay apart of my life for a while.

Kalen took a deep breath and shook his head at me. "Not telling me is the same thing as lying to me. I thought you trusted me, you're my fucking sister."

I sighed at his outburst and looked down at the ground, trying to think of what to say. "Kalen, let her explain." Christian said.

"You be quiet! This has nothing to do with you." Kalen said as he pointed his finger at Christian. "Why are you still even here? Get out."

"Kalen, show some respect." I scolded him. "You don't have to speak to him that way so stop it."

"Oh, so now you're defending him?" Kalen asked, seeming surprised.

I shook my head and turned around to look at Christian. "I'm really sorry."

Christian nodded his head and smiled at me. "It's okay, I'll go and let you guys talk. I have to get to the stadium anyways." He said as he grabbed his blazer that was laying on the couch. "Text me later." He said and I nodded. 

Christian left the apartment and I looked at Kalen, annoyed by the way he was acting. "What is wrong with you?" I asked him. 

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you?" He fired back. "You're the one fucking an MLB player."

"First of all, watch how speak to me." I scolded him, not liking that he was assuming that I was sleeping with Christian.  "Second of all, I'm not sleeping with Christian. And even if I was, that would be none of your business. It's my love life."

"Oh so now it's none of my business?" He asked me. "I thought we told each other everything? I tell you things that brothers usually don't tell their sisters."

"I know that and I'm sorry, but I had my reasons." I told him as I went to make sure the front door was locked.

Kalen followed me and said, "What was your reason?"

I turned to him and said, "I didn't want to tell you anything until I knew for a fact that he could be a part of my life for a while. I wasn't sure about it and I didn't want to tell you until I was."

"So what? You're dating him now?" Kalen asked, still confused and wanting answers.

"No, he just came over last night and we had dinner. He's been gone, like you already know." I answered him.