FORTY ONE

Today was Christian and I's first year anniversary and I am also eight months pregnant. The past two months have been filled with stressful days, mood swings, baseball, but most of all, love. Unfortunately, Christian suffered a knee injury during one of his away games, so his season ended early, meaning he was now home.

"Babe! Where are you?" I heard Christian's voice from downstairs while I stood in our bedroom bathroom. 

"In our room!" I yelled back, washing my hands and walking out of the bathroom. The bedroom door opened and Christian walked in with a huge smile. "Why are you smiling like that?" I ask him, rubbing my big belly.

Christian continued smiling as he walked forward and simply handed a card and one rose. 

"Read this once I leave and just remember to simply go with it. No questions asked." He said which caused me to look at him suspiciously. "I love you, sunshine." 

Without letting me say anything, Christian sped walked out of the room since he could not technically run yet due to his knee. I sighed with a small smile on my face as I took a seat on the bed and opened the letter once I heard the front door close. 

I smiled as I read the letter and headed to our closet to get some clothes

I smiled as I read the letter and headed to our closet to get some clothes. I decided on some black leggings and one of my plain blue oversized t-shirts. 

Walking down the stairs, I saw Kalen laying on the couch on his phone, fully dressed. He looked up at me with a smile and asked, "Ready to go?"

"I am ready, where are we going?" I asked as he grabbed his keys since he recently got a new car after getting his license. 

Kalen laughed as he held the front door open for me and said, "I was firmly told to not tell you anything about any destinations unless the letter says it. I am just the designated driver."

{}{}{}{}

"Thank you so much." I said to the nail tech once she finished with my nails. 

As I was about to leave, she stopped me and said, "I have something for you, honey." I looked at her confused and immediately smiled when I saw her pull out a rose and another letter. "What a sweet guy you have. Have an amazing day, sweetheart." 

"Thank you!" I smiled strongly as I grabbed the rose and the letter and walked towards Kalen who was waiting patiently by the door. "You know about this?" I asked him. 

"I am just the designated driver." He smiled at me casually as we walked to the car. "What does it say?" He asked once we got in the car.