SEVENTEEN

It was time for the game here in Chicago. Christian had left with the guys about two hours ago for practice before the game. I was getting ready in his hotel room with Alecia since we were both only here for the game and then she was going back to California while I returned to Milwaukee with Christian. 

Christian had gave me another one of his jerseys that matched the ones they were supposedly wearing today so that was what I was wearing. I wore a white crop top underneath the jersey and some black leggings, paired with my white air forces that I had been wearing all day. Alecia was wearing the same jersey as me with a black t-shirt underneath and blue skinny jeans.

"Are you ready sweetie?" Alecia asked me as she walked out of the bathroom. 

I nodded as I looked around the room making sure everything was clean and also that nobody had left anything. "Yeah, I'm ready." I smiled at her and we walked out of the room.

We were going to the stadium in Christian's car since I had drove to Chicago in it. We'd be returning to Milwaukee after the game tonight depending on the outcome of the game. If they pulled out a win, the boys were obviously going to celebrate so it was unsure if tonight they'd be returning to Milwaukee or not tonight.

Alecia and I both got into the car and I started driving towards the stadium based on the directions the GPS was giving me.

 {}{}{}{}

We had found our seats that were behind home plate. I had went to get myself some food since I was hungry so I was just eating some cheesy fries while we waited for the game to start.

"So I don't think I've ever asked Christian this..." Alecia started saying and I turned my attention to her. "How did you meet my son?" 

"Well, I had surprised my brother with tickets to a Brewers game that was on his birthday so I met him at his baseball game." I said as I chuckled. "He had treated Kalen so nicely and even took him out to batting practice that day. So after the game he told us to come down to the clubhouse because he had a gift for Kalen. After a while, Kalen went to call us an uber and he asked me for my number." I summarized for her. 

Alecia nodded and smiled at me. "That night I just remember him texting me, 'Mom! I think I just met the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.'. I was just like... is my son drunk?" She laughed and I chuckled. "But ever since that day, he wouldn't shut up about you and I just know that he really loves you. I really have to thank you for making my son so happy and I hope he's treating you well because if not, let me know and I'll put him in his place."

I laughed, smiling at her and nodded my head. "He truly is the best man I've ever met. I have to say, you did an amazing job when raising him. He's so respectful, caring, and is just the best. I honestly have no idea how I was even able to make him like me. He could have anyone and he chose me. I truly feel blessed." I told her.

"Oh sweetie, I don't think there is anyone better than you for him." She told me and I chuckled. "You're an amazing girl, respectful, you have manners, beautiful, hard-working, caring... I could truly go on and I have just met you."

Her words truly started to bring tears to my eyes. I don't know why this was the way I reacted when someone would compliment me but it's probably because I've never had anyone treat me this way before. 

"Thank you so much, Alecia. I'm sorry, I don't know why I get emotional every time someone compliments me." I said, laughing and wiping my eyes.

"It's okay, sweetie." She laughed and rubbed my arm with her hand. "Christian's looking over here with a worried face." She told me and I looked over to the Brewers dugout to see him looking at us confused.