Chapter 5

Blaze's Pov:

5 months later.

"Are you sure we should be doing this right now, Knight?" Kade asked.

"I don't do things unless I'm not sure." I replied taking a drag.

"Okay. We destroy it tomorrow then." Kade said and left.

I went and sat on my bar stool.

Whiskey and me got along decently well these days. Too well, actually. I decided to shift back to my actual house. The house I-dad got, when we shifted to America. I realised if I stayed in our house I will definitely die out of suffocation.

However, I'm still pretty much dying, everyday.

I thought if I shifted back to my actual house, maybe I could atleast get some sleep as the nightmares and reminders of her wouldn't let me sleep there. It slipped my mind that coming here would make the nightmares worse, the reminders of my family haunt me here.

So, me and whiskey are partners now. The only thing that has touched my lips lately has been whiskey.

Shocking, I know.

Blaze Knight. American mafia. Most feared mob, once who used to have a different female in bed every night.

It took me so fucking long to get rid of, of all my pain, guilt...every goddamn emotion.

And the, she came into my life like a bright summer day. She shun brightly, showing me light and giving me warmth. She brought the peace of a sunny morning.

Alas, with sunset, there came a storm. A bad storm. A storm that turned the once bright sky into a chilled dark one. Everything became colder and the warmth vanished in the air.

5 months and I'm still as fucked up as I was before she came into my life. Even worse.

"Blaze?" I heard my voice as I turned.

Greta.

"Leave, Greta." I said turning back.

Of course, she didn't listen.

"Your mom has been worried. She's been calling non-stop at home because you won't pick her calls." She explained.

"And I told you to tell her that I'm fine." I stated.

"You know I can't lie to her." Greta said.

I looked at her and smiled.

"Thankyou Greta." I said.

She looked at me confused.

"You're the only woman in my life that hasn't ever lied to me. As a kid my mom lied to me about how the others a wrong. How I'm a good kid. How, I'm an absolute blessing, Jesus' sent angel. My sister lied to me about her secret relationship with the enemy and the only girl I ever loved...well she was a whole fucking lie." I said.

Greta walked closer to me.

"That's not true Blaze, you know that's not true. Your mom loves you, she's worried sick. Your sister has always loved you. I agree there are some misunderstandings but trust me she does love you. As for Olivia, something in my heart tells me that she would never do something terrible like this...that is another misunderstanding." She said.

"Greta you're too good for this world. You try to find good in everything. It's almost annoying." I took another sip.

"Blaze, you're my child. I watched you grow, I even helped you grow along with your mother. She has trusted me with you. Don't do this to yourself." Greta said, tearing up.