Chapter 8

Olivia's pov:

"Livvie!" Mom called.

"Yea?" I asked from the kitchen.

No response.

Jesus Christ, she isn't expecting me to come all the way to the living room in the midst of baking a cake. It was Christmas eve today.

Just when I was about to step out she stepped in.

"Dad has something to tell us but he won't till you're present too." Mom stated.

I sighed and walked out of the kitchen with her.

Dad was on his phone typing something off when he saw us.

"Alright, this better be good." Mom said.

"Well, turns our Christmas is indeed very merry this year." Dad said.

"Oh..kay? why though?" I asked.

"Of course you haven't checked the news or anything." Dad stated.

"No, what is it?" I asked.

"We're all aware of the Pearl foundation, aren't we? well, few days after Livvie returned from Milan their official account on Instagram released a video of few of their little girls all dressed up and doing a ramp walk and literally each one of them said that they one day want to become like...you. They want to become like Olivia." Dad said, looking at me.

Mom's agitated face suddenly softened and I didn't know how to react.

"I mean, obviously I've seen lot of her fans do some real crazy stuff but my point here is, it's a bit overwhelming seeing little girls wanting to be like our girl." Dad whispered the last part.

He walked closer to me.

"There was a reason why I always called you my perfect girl." Dad said with so much love and I just smiled at him.

"And I still feel it's a bit of an overstatement." I said, shyly.

"Oh please, you're my daughter, you've lived up to all our expectations and I know you will continue to do so. YOU are my perfect girl." Dad smiled.

Why do I feel so burdened by that word.

"Thanks dad." I said.

Mom probably sensed my discomfort and decided to intervene.

"Okay, enough of that, don't you have to go get ready Liv?" Mom asked.

"Yea, right. I'll get going." I said as I headed upstairs to my room.

I opened the door of my room and stepped in, I left a breath I had no idea I was holding.

"Woah! you okay?" Danica asked.

I looked at her and walked to my dad.

"It's nothing, the usual." I said.

"Uncle showed you that adorable video?" She asked and I nodded.

"And he called your perfect for the zillionth time?" She asked and I nodded, again.

"Bitch, you don't eavesdrop." I glared.

"I wasn't but uncle was gushing non-stop about how overwhelming that video was and how proud he felt about it to me all morning. I was just excited to see how it goes.

"Yea well, as a kid there was only one thing I ever wished for, that was, making him proud. Today when I've done it, of course I feel satisfied but...I don't why, there is always the lingering sense of suffocation I feel whenever I'm home." I said.