Chapter 16.

Blaze's pov:
My head was throbbing and everything was dark. Like black dark. Suddenly a light came out of nowhere in the black space. A light so bright my headache shot up higher.

Not being able to bear it I squinted my eyes open as sun shun bright on my face and I squeezed my eyes shut rapidly.

I tried to open them again and adjust to the sunlight but my throbbing head just won't help.

Okay why the fuck do I feel so weak?

I try to sit up straight and realise I'm at the back seat of my car.

What the-

Wait.

Last night.

Of course. She was up to something. She drugged me.

I looked for my pant and took my phone out of the left pocket.

The brightness of the screen added to my agonising pain.

I managed to dial Tyberias.

"Boss!" He said.

Fuck, just be soft asshole.

"What happened?" I managed to croak out.

"Boss the...the.." He hesitated.

"Tyberias my head is going insane with all the pain don't contribute to it and spill." In this state too, I made sure my authority was clear.

"The stone is gone." He spilled.

I clutched the phone firmly in my hand.

"What?" I hissed.

"Last night boss, we tried to call you countless times. We were caught off guard by Carter's mafia and um, Danica, Joe and Giselle were involved too. We tried tracking you but it got us nowhere. We tried but, they took it." He explained.

So she was just distracting me.

"Call in the core team, I'm reaching in an hour." With that I disconnected.

And here I thought that maybe, just maybe, I could have her one night all to myself without remembering any of the bullshit she pulled off.

I can't believe she would stoop that low. I can't believe she took advantage of the fact that I was grieving my mother. She used my vulnerability.

No doubt dad always told me to bury my weaknesses as deep as possible.

I balled my fists trying to control my anger.

How many more times do you plan on betraying me, Olivia?

____________________

I entered my cabin.

Everyone had assembled and knew that it was time to face the actual storm.

"How?" I asked calmly.

Everyone stood silent.

"How did they know where it was?" I tried again.

"There is a mole, Blaze." Shawn said.

I looked at all of them carefully.

As a matter of fact I knew Shawn and Asher would never do that. Shawn practically hates Danica and Olivia both. Asher might be soft towards them but he won't betray me.

Stacey has a soft corner for Olivia and believes this is all a big fat misunderstanding, but she knows where her loyalties lie.

Jace is too much of a hard nut to crack for Olivia, besides they barely ever spoke.