Chapter 2 Our Flag is Captured

.

.

.

.

Dinner came around and I heard rumors of Clarisse and two other Ares kids being drenched coming out of the bathroom. Which I found slightly funny since she and the other Ares kids tend to pick on me. Though luckily they never get physical with it, none of the other cabins would let them get away with it anyways, and well the one time they tried their whole cabin had serious problems with their clothing. That day I saw a pair of Clarisse underwear… I didn't need to see the bear face. Luckily for her I was the only one around.

"Y/N, your hair." Silena tells me as we head towards the dining pavilion.

I take a strand of my hair and notice that it's slowly turning back to its natural (h/c) color. I frown and focus my powers on turning it back blond.

As we got into the dining pavilion I grabbed a plate and sacrificed a portion to my mother and Artemis. 

Going towards the Aphrodite table I begin to eat my food as my siblings begin to talk to one another. Silena had made my drink what I wanted for me which was sweet tea. Eleanor started to talk about her favorite fairy tales with me and I happily listened. She has been wanting to watch Snow White and I have been trying to get someone from the Hermes cabin to acquire the movie.

Near the end after we all got done Chiron pounded his hoof to gain our attention.

Mr D got up with a huge sigh. "Yes, I suppose I’d better say hello to all you brats. Well, hello. Our activities director, Chiron, says the next capture the flag is Friday. Cabin five presently holds the laurels."

A bunch of cheering rose from the Ares table.

"Personally," Mr D continued, "I couldn’t care less, but congratulations. Also, I should tell you that we have a new camper today. Peter Johnson."

Chiron murmured something.

"Er, Percy Jackson," Mr D corrected. "That’s right. Hurrah, and all that. Now run along to your silly campfire. Go on."

Everybody cheered. We all headed down towards the amphitheater, where Apollo’s cabin led a sing-along. We sang camp songs about the gods and ate toasted marshmallows and joked around, it was a merry time as usual. Someone tried throwing a marshmallow in Drew’s hair, didn’t turn out well and started a small marshmallow fight. Chiron wasn’t happy about it.

Later in the evening, when the sparks from the campfire were curling into a starry sky, the conch horn blew again, and we all filed back to our cabins. I fell into the light red silk covers of my bed and curled up on my side and fell asleep.

.

.

.

The next few days passed as usual. The new kid Percy got settled into camp like all new kids usually did.

During most of the classes I usually participated most from my cabin. Foot racing with the nymphs was something I enjoyed even though the wood nymph instructors were always faster than me, but the times of them leaving me in the dust stopped three years ago so improvements have been made.

Wrestling was something I had really tried to be good at, but I was terrible at it. Clarisse actually tries to help me after she realizes how much I try to improve, but even then improvements are dreadfully slow. One thing I found out is that teasing her about her bear panties leads me to be German suplexed, but one unfortunate thing being everytime I mouth a word similar to bear she thinks that's what I am doing now.

Canoeing was always something I tried to avoid since I couldn't swim. So I always sat in my mother’s cabin during those lessons.

I along with my siblings were flat out terrible at metal work, but it was surprising in general that I even approached the forges much less make an attempt to try.