Chapter 1 (17) Camp Life has Been Better

Y/n POV

If you were to ask me who I prefered to be the head of camp I would always say Chiron. I mean he has enough experience in the subject of training heros and would be heros.

Chiron has also served the gods of Olympus amazingly well. He's litterally responsible for the fact most of their children live aslong as they do.

If I had someone I considered a father figure it would be Chiron. So when he was to be booted out of camp because they needed someone to blame for Thalia's tree being poisioned, which infuriated me, and some cannibal king bastard was to take is place I was beyond pissed.

The only reason I didn't plan to make Tantalus's time here miserable was because Mr D told me not too. He left the Aphrodite cabin alone for the most part, and I was normally busy helping Clarisse and the Athena cabin come up with defensive startegies.

My siblings that returned to camp, besides Drew, weren't fighters so they normally helped the Apollo cabin with the injured. Due to the training Drew and I did over the fall, winter, and spring we helped fighting off the monsters that attacked camp.

Though I did learn a thing or two, I was decent with a spear, and that Clarisse and I work together suprisingly well.

Frustrated I mouthed a few words as I leaned my head against my headboard, soon after I heard Eleanor gasp.

"Big brother don't use words like that!" Eleanor scolded.

Oh yeah she knows how to read lips, all of my siblings do. Its how she understood I 'said' Thalia's name in my sleep last year. Whenever they say I mutter something in my sleep they mean I mouthed the words.

'Sorry for the bad language Ellie.' I signed to her.

"Good." She said and Silena laughed.

"Good job Ellie, just cause he's mute doesn't mean he can have a bad mouth." Silena said patting Ellie's head.

'The only person who should be concerned if my mouth is good is my lover.' I signed to her and she rolled her eyes. 'Mr D hasn't said anything about you or Drew using charmspeak on Tantalus has he?'

"No Mr D doesn't seem to care." Silena said filing her nails. "Besides we only use it to get him to leave us alone, or when he's trying to shove chores onto us."

Yes we have been using charmspeak on Tantalus, it may or may not have been encouraged(suggested) by me. Chiron tried to reprimand us for it, but he couldn't really fault us for it, and we aren't really doing anything wrong.

"Y/n can you tell the Ares campers to stop shoulder bashing monsters?" Cole asked me. "Resetting their dislocated shoulders is annoying."

"Well they're on duty now." Drew said. "Hopefully they don't do something too stupid without us there."

"In other news. Have you had any dreams about Ms Dreamy?"  Alize asked me and everyone was now looking at me.

'No.' I signed, 'Just the occasionally scent of devils nightcap.'

"Alize has been sparying you with it when you go to sleep." Drew said.

My eyes widen and I stare at Alize who looked at Drew shocked/betrayed.

"You weren't suppose to tell him!" Alize tells Drew.

I threw a drachma at Alize and it hits her in the forhead. Though my accuracy with a bow isn't good, my accuracy with coins is near perfect.

"Ow." Alize says rubbing the spot the drachma hit. "I thought we moved his drachma bag."

'I found it, duh.' I signed.

"Guess what  I found." Drew said and I turned to see her with my sketch book.

"He draws, so what?" Alize asked confused.

I was aswell. I mean everyone knew I liked to draw. I even took inspiration from campers or nymphs or naiads, with their permission of course.

Drew opened the sketch book and showed on particular drawing.

(Credit eightSun on DeviantArt)

My eyes widen as everyone stared at the drawing. It was only one of the drawings of Thalia I had drew. I quickly got up and snatched my sketch book back.

"So that's how Thalia looks." Silena said and  I saw a smirk on her face.

"She's really pretty!" Eleanor said.

I saw Cole, Drew, Alize, Silena, Lacy and Mitchell looking at me with smirks.

"Theirs more drawings of her in there isn't their?" Drew asked.

I looked away with a pink tint on my cheeks and on my golden blond hair tips.

'What she's beautiful okay?' I signed in my defense.

"Beautiful? You normally use pretty to describe females." Silena said with a growing smirk.

Getting annoyed at their teasing I put my sketch book under my bed and lay in it turning away from them.

"You're hair tips are still tinted pink." Cole said, and I threw a drachma at him and he let out, "Ow! You and those drachma."

Appearently two Colchis bulls had given Clarisse and the border patrol trouble. Clarisse managed to deal with one, but Percy, Annabeth and Tyson showed up and delt with the other one. Tyson is a cyclopse by the way.

Clarisse insist that she had both handled and Percy showed up and got in her way of dealing with both of them.

Though I had learned the language of Ares children and knew Clarisse was a little thankful for the help with the second bull.

The Hephaestus kids had taken the two Colchis bulls corpses, I hoped to make two security bulls for the camp.

I asked Silena to suggest the idea to Charlie and she said she would.

Honestly I didn't really like standing near Thalia's tree. The pine had been here standing strong and healthy, that I had stared at ever since the dreams of girl its named after. Now its needles were yellow. A huge pile of dead ones littered the base of the tree. In the centre of the trunk, a metre from the ground, was a puncture mark the size of a bullet hole, oozing green sap.

Thalia's tree was poisioned, and I knew who did it. Luke. One of the two people she sacraficed herself for. I don't know why but it made me angry that he would dishonor her like this.