Chapter 9 (38) A Few Rocket Ships Break

Y/n POV

Grover yelped in suprise.

I reached for my dagger as I clung to Thalia. I know not the time, but she's really huggable okay? Even though she seemed angry spotting Percy.

Before he could regain his balance, Zoë and Bianca had arrows notched, aimed at his chest. Their bows had just appeared out of nowhere.

When Zoë realized who he was, she didn’t seem anxious to lower her bow. "You! How dare you show thy face here?"

"Percy!" Grover said. "Thank goodness."

Zoë glared at him, and he blushed. "I mean, um, gosh. You’re not supposed to be here!"

"Luke," he said, trying to catch my breath. "He’s here."

The anger in Thalia’s eyes immediately melted. She put her hand on her silver bracelet. "Where?"

A part of me didn't like that. I realize the fact that Luke and her were close, not that i liked it, but something about how the anger so easily disappered at the mention of his name struck the wrong cord in me.

Quickly letting go of Thalia I look around, particularly in the direction Percy came from, but mainly to disract myself from Thalia.

I half listened as Percy told us about what he saw and heard in the Natural History Museum, Dr Thorn, Luke and The General.

I got the improtant parts though. Luke needed to be stabbed, Dr Thorn seemed to have gotten sent to his kennel, theirs some kitties somewhere, and the soldier are like some undead plants. Most improtantly they wanted to get Thalia alone for some reason, and as much as my jealousy and envy were working right now I wouldn't let something happen to her, especially with a particular line of the prophecy.

"The General is here?" Zoë looked stunned. "That is impossible! You lie."

"Why would I lie? Look, there’s no time. Skeleton warriors –"

"What?" Thalia demanded. "How many?"

"Twelve," Percy said. "And that’s not all. That guy, the General, he said he was sending something, a “playmate”, to distract you over here. A monster."

Thalia and Grover exchanged looks.

"We were following Artemis’s trail," Grover said. "I was pretty sure it led here. Some powerful monster scent… She must’ve stopped here looking for the mystery monster. But we haven’t found anything yet."

"Zoë," Bianca said nervously, "if it is the General –"

"It cannot be!" Zoë snapped. "Percy must have seen an Iris-message or some other illusion."

"Illusions don’t crack marble floors," Percy told her.

Zoë took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. I didn’t know why she was taking it so personally, or how she knew this General guy, but I figured now wasn’t the time to ask.

"If Percy is telling the truth about the skeleton warriors," she said, "we have no time to argue. They are the worst, the most horrible… We must leave now."

"Good idea," Percy said.

"I was not including thee, boy," Zoë said. "You are not part of this quest."

"Hey, I’m trying to save your lives!"

"You shouldn’t have come, Percy," Thalia said grimly. "But you’re here now. Come on. Let’s get back to the van."

"That is not thy decision!" Zoë snapped.

Thalia scowled at her. "You’re not the boss here, Zoë. I don’t care how old you are! You’re still a conceited little brat!"