Chapter 12 (29) The Fleece's Healing is Really Good

Y/n POV

Grover announced that he'd be able to spend the rest of the summer with us before resuming his quest for Pan. His bosses at the Council of Cloven Elders were so impressed that he hadn't got himself killed and had cleared the way for future searchers, that they granted him a two-month furlough and a new set of reed pipes. The only bad news: Grover insisted on playing those pipes all afternoon long, and his musical skills hadn't improved much. He played 'YMCA', and the strawberry plants started going crazy, wrapping around our feet like they were trying to strangle us. I guess I couldn't blame them.

Appearently Grover had a empathy link with Percy which was the reason he was able to contact Percy. Grover said he could disconnect it, but Percy insisted he keep it up.

Eleanor had been really attached to me. She hadn't really left my side and if she did she would be with Silena, Drew or Charles if not with one of our silblings.

We of course try to help her to trust people more, and now she trust Clarisse. Eleanor has also been joining in Drew and my training. I must admit it is kinda cute seeing a small child trying to take down a Ares camper.

Infact all of my siblings got self defense training. I mean I did convince them too. If you have to throw a punch might aswell know how to do it right so you don't break a nail.

Tyson had appearently left to visit Poseidon. He wanted Tyson to learn to work at the Cyclopes forges. Percy was understandably shocked by this, but he handled it well, I think.

A storm raged that night, but it parted around Camp Half-Blood as storms usually did. Lightning flashed against the horizon, waves pounded the shore, but not a drop fell in our valley. We were protected again thanks to the Fleece, sealed inside our magical borders.

My dreams of late have been getting more vivid. I had actually been seeing Thalia, but just in flashes. She would be there one moment and gone the next.

But just as Thalia disappeared I was woken by someone shaking me. It was Silena.

"Y/n come on you need to see this." Silena said pulling me out of bed.

She lead/pulled me towards Thalia's tree. Something seemed wrong. Dawn was just breaking , but the whole camp was stirring. Word was spreading about something. Something had happened. A few other campers were already making thir way towards teh hill, satyrs and nymphs and heros in weird mix of pyjamas and armor.

I heard a clop of hooves, and Chiron galloped behind us looking grim. He already had Percy and he grabbed me too and thundered up Half-Blood Hill were a small group was.

I expected to see the Fleece missing from the pine tree, but it was still there, glittering in the first light of dawn. The storm had broken and the sky was blood-red.

"Curse the Titan Lord," Chiron said. "He's tricked us again, given himself another chance to control the prophecy."

"What do you mean?" Percy asked.

"The Fleece," he said. "The Fleece did its work too well."

We galloped forward, everyone moving out of our way. There at the base of the tree, a girl was lying unconscious. Another girl in Greek armour was kneeling next to her.

The tree looked perfectly fine, whole healthy suffused with the essence of the Golden Fleece.

My attention was on the girl laying on the ground as I approached her.

"It healed the tree," Chiron said, his voice ragged. "And poison was not the only thing it purged."

The girl on the ground was Thalia. My body seemed to make it's way over automatically and I started to check if she was physically okay.

She had short black hair and freckles across her nose. She was built like a long-distance runner, lithe and strong, and she wore clothes that were somewhere between punk and Goth - a black T-shirt, black tattered jeans, and a leather jacket with badges from a bunch of bands I'd only heard of a few.

Annabeth ran to Chiron as I was assessing Thalia's physical situation. Part of me was honesetly annoyed. We should be getting her to an infirmary.

After making sure she had no wounds or any physical injuries, but she did need nectar and ambrosia. I looked around and saw that people were too shocked to do anything. Rolling my eyes I pick Thalia up and walk to Chiron.

Chiron's and my eyes met and he seemed to understand. "You're right Y/n, we should get her to the infirmary."

"It's true," Grover said, panting from running up the hill. "I can't believe. . ."

Annoyingly no body tried to help me carrying the girl. Not even making a way for me.

Percy was confused, but honestly that wasn't anything new.

But if I could yell at everyone else I would. I get it this is suprising, and the only reason I'm not staring like them is because my body acted on it's own.

The girl took a shakey breath, she coughed and opened her eyes.

Her irises were electric blue, and they met my ocean blue ones and my breath got caught in my throat.

She stared at me in bewilderment, shivering and wild-eyed. "Who-"

Damn it, wish I had a voice.

I set her down on the ground again, seeing as people weren't moving.

Percy came over. "That's Y/n, I'm Percy. What's your name?"

She looked at me for a moment then to Percy.

I sensed a swirl of emotions in her, confusion and fear being most prominent. I put my hand on her shoulder and tried to ease and comfort her. Which seemed to work somewhat.

"I am Thalia," The girl said. "Daughter of Zeus."

After that I helped her stand up and make her way to the Big House. Chiron offered to give us a lift, but she seemed adamant about me helping her.

Probably because I was still using my abilities to ease her worry, confusion and fear.

If their was ever a time I was thankful for my amokinesis it was now, if I didn't have it my heart would have been beating like a rabbits.

I spent the day with Annabeth, Grover and Percy explaining things to Thalia. I hadn't even noticed my hair was (H/c). Eventually the three had to leave and I was left alone with Thalia.

Their was a silence, me not having the ability to break it, until her electric eyes met my ocean ones.

"So your mothers Aphrodite." Thalias says awkwardly.

I can't help the smiling at that and silently laughing.

"Dont laugh at me!" She says.

I cover my mouth as I try to stop, but fail and she starts to laugh aswell.

When we both calm down a smile on both our faces I respond grabbing my note pad and writting on it.

We continue on like that not noticing the time passing by.