Chapter 6 (35) I Get Attacked

Y/n POV

The next morning after breakfast. I sat in the meadow watching the nymphs mess with the satyrs like usual. Percy was with Grover explaining a dream or something, but it was too far away for me to hear.

Though my thoughts weren't on either of them, instead it was on the female sitting beside me, Eleanor. She has turned eleven recently.

Aimée was laying down behind us and Ellie was laying against her.

Looking over to Eleanor I see that something seemed to be bothering her, judging from her expression.

'Eleanor what's wrong?' I sign in question.

She looks down and bites her lip and starts fidgeting with her hands. I put a hand on her shoulder and give her a reassuring smile.

"Promise you wont be mad." She says and I nod.

'I Promise.' I mouth.

"Well..." She says, "I want to join the hunt."

I take a moment to process what she said. 'Are you sure?' I sign and she nods.

"Positive."

'Well. Does Silena know?' I sign in question.

"I mentioned it to her, and she told me to bring it up to you. So will you let me big brother?"

'If you're positive it's what you want to do then I wont stop you.' I sign.

Eleanor hugs me tightly, "You're the best big brother!"

I can't help but smile and pat her back.

While I don't have anything against the Hunters of Artemis I know it's not the safest thing to do, and with me being protective over Eleanor I would  of course be nervous about the whole thing.

Though I trust Zoe and Artemis with my life and I know they would do their best to protect Eleanor I am still hesitant about it.

After the discussion with Eleanor I sent her to help Silena at the pegasus stables, also to take Aimée back which she was happy to do.

The day went on well I would like to say. I had to settle an arguement between a hunter and Silena in the pegasus stables.

Something seemed to be weighing on Percy's shoulders, but I assumed it was because Annabeth was gone.

"Can you believe her? Telling me how to take care of a pegasus!" Silena says offended. "I should've let Aimée bite her."

I only nod half listening to her rant.

"And to think Ellie wants to join them." Silena grumbles with her arms crossed.

'I'll bring it up to Zoë.' I sign to her and she nods.

"Anyways how are you and Thalia?" Silena ask catching me off guard.

'Good. Why?' I sign confused at the sudden question.

"Come on Y/n you can't be so oblivious." Silena says almost exasperated.

I silently sigh knowing where she's going. 'I don't think she's interested in a relationship.'

"But the ship must sail!" Silena says grabbing my shoulders. "And don't you normally hang out with Thalia right now?"

'Sometimes.' I sign in response wondering where she's going.

She grabs me and pulls me up then shoves me towards the Zeus cabin.

Looking back at her she's happily waving at me as she heads back to our cabin. Silently sighing again I walk up to the Zeus cabin and knock on the door.