Chapter 8 (57) Isle of Nymphs

.

.

.

.

Y/n PoV

Niether of us talked as we flew over the ocean. The sound of wind rushing past my ears filled the silence as I had my arms wrapped around Astolfo's waist. Being this close to Astolfo I noticed one thing, Astolfo smelled like a feild of flowers.

"Y/n why are you smelling me?" Astolfo ask and I blush in embarassment.

'I just noticed you smell like a flower feild.' I sign hoping he looked down to my hands at his waist.

After a moment of silence he speaks. "You smell like jasmine."

Do I? I guess that's good. Jasmine tea is nice., though when I drink hot tea I prefer to add honey or caramel. When was the last time I have had any honey?

Wait I'm getting off track, stupid ADHD.

"I think I'm seeing some land up ahead." Astolfo says snapping me from my thoughts. "With luck it's the isle we're looking for."

'Hopefully.' I sign resting my head on Astolfo's shoulder.

.

.

.

Getting to the land up ahead it was indeed revealed to be an isle. It looked to be your typical tropical isle, but the beaches and trees were far nicer than any I have previously seen. There were also old looking greek architecture, well I think they're old. Should be despite how pristine they look. Annabeth would be able to tell. Another thing to note would be there weren't many nymphs here suprisngly, if any at all I couldn't sign of them.

"Thought a isle of nymphs would have nymphs you know?" Astolfo said and I nodded.

'Maybe they're just hiding because we're males?' I suggest.

"Nah, we're too cute to hide from." Astolfo said waving the suggestion off. I mean in Astolfo's defense he's completely right. "Aimée rest here while Y/n and I go find someone."

She lets out a chirp as she lays down and Astolfo drags me off in the direction of a tree line.

While we were walking off Astolfo decides to ask me a questions. "Y/n the sword isn't too heavy for you or anything, right?"

In response I transform the bracelet into a sword and start two swing it around. While I was doing so I notice the way the metal looks, specifically not like celestial bronze.

Astolfo seemed to notice me staring at the blade, probably because I stopped swinging it. "What's wrong?"

'The blade doesn't look like celestial bronze.' I manage to sign with one hand.

"Maybe it's silver like Artemis's bow." Astolfo suggest. "Let's find a monster for you to poke!"

I nod silently hoping that I could actually use this blade against monsters. Hopefully I didn't get these burn scars on my wrist and ankles just for a pretty bracelet.

"But hey even if it's not a blade you can use against monsters, you still have this rifle and the flintlock." Astolfo said patting my shoulder. "You also helped Jeanne finally rest."

That was a nice I guess. After transforming the sword back into a bracelt I take my rifle from Astolfo and make sure it's ready to fire.

While we walked and looked around for any nymphs or nerieds. Astolfo decided to strike a conversation.

"So what happens if this sword isn't able to kill monsters?" Astolfo ask ducking under a tree branch.

I just simply gesture to the flintlock rifle in my hands. It was the only answer I really had, it's not like I know magic or anything.