Chapter 3 The Quest Offered

.

.

.

.

As the next day came my siblings were worrying about my wounds asking if I was okay along with 'Hopefully it doesn't scar' since they thought it wouldn't look good if it did, but to be fair, scars are ugly.

Though I didn't care about the physical scars. Having a hellhound tearing into your shoulder when you were afraid of dogs did nothing to lessen that fear.

"He'll be fine." Drew spoke up, silencing them while pushing them away to give me space.

I smile gratefully at her. Drew may act like she doesn't care but I can see a small smile on her face as she turns her head away probably hoping I didn’t see it. 

Drew  pretends not to care and may come off as rude at first, in truth she just has a harsh way of putting things. I try to help her with it, but I am mute. She also has a self proclaimed rivalry with Silena.

Drew has charmspeak as well, and when I figured out she tried using it on people at camp I scolded her, which seemed to deter her from doing it again. Well it was probably that I consistently threw drachma at her, she had a red mark on her forehead for a while. Luckily I seem to not be affected by charmspeak, or hers at the very least.

Returning to the topic about the Hellhound incident yesterday, nobody seemed to be talking about it. My siblings also used it as an excuse to make me not participate in the next capture the flag game. Which I wasn’t against. If mutts can get into this camp then I am not putting myself in a position to get near them.

Though I kinda want to use experience with the hellhound as motivation to try harder in my lessons. When I could get to a lesson Luke actually seemed to like the fact I tried harder in my training, I even managed to almost beat him once. Think he was going easy on me though.

The Ares campers seemed to stop picking on me. I could actually discuss with them about ways to fight, which was helpful for both parties involved. Well, more so helpful for me. They seemed to ignore my comments about fashion.

As for Percy, the son of Poseidon, apparently, people were giving him a wide berth for some reason. I mean the big three did swear not to have any children, and he was walking around not worried about Zeus striking him down. When I do believe Zeus would be mad at his existence.

Though it was Hades who had Thalia killed, not Poseidon, so Zeus may be giving Percy some room. I would feel bad for a child of Hades to appear since Zeus seemed to be in a bad mood recently. Well that’s what the storms rolling around camp could lead one to believe.

.

.

.

"Thats a big storm." I hear Eleanor say and look up and sure enough there was a big storm rolling in our direction.

I knew it would pass around the valley, like storms usually do. Hearing footsteps I turned to see a dryad making her way to me. Long dark green hair and amber like eyes, her skin a pale light green. 

"Mr D wants to see you." She tells me and I nod. 

Giving Eleanor a pat on the head before I set off to the Big House and see Mr D seeming to be playing pinochle once again with Chiron. Percy and Grover were there as well.

Percy got up and headed for the attic as I neared the table and the remaining members' attention was turned to me.

"Sit." Mr D told me and I did so. 

I never felt safe around Mr D, not to say I didn't show him respect, though it was out of fear. He always gave off a vibe of a drunk relative and I don't like drunks, though that may be putting it lightly. They’re selfish, mean, crude, ba-