Chapter Forty Nine

Harry POV

      I opened my eyes slowly to pitch darkness. I blinked a couple of times before I remembered I was on the couch. The room was silent and drafty and I shivered. I reached my hand out into the darkness, expecting to find Arianna snuggled on the couch somewhere, but I was alone. I fumbled around for my phone and turned it on so I could see. Niall was laying face down on the floor, and Liam and Louis were asleep on the other couch. I sat up a little, looking around for Arianna and Eleanor. I thought they were staying the night, and Arianna wouldnt leave without saying goodbye to me. Suddenly a shiver ran down my spine. Where was Zayn? I flung the little blanket off me and got up from the couch. Zayn was nowhere. Arianna was nowhere. I couldnt shake the awful thought that came up into my mind. I sware if he laid one hand on her....

     I looked around the flat, using my phone as a flashlight, but Arianna and Zayn were nowhere in sight. He wouldnt have taken her anywhere....would he? He wouldnt put me through this again......would he? I walked into the kitchen and turned on the little over-head light. Zayn's shirt and hat was on the table. I glared at it. Zayn you diry....you couldnt have. I grabbed the hat and flung it against the wall, it made a louder sound than I expected, and I looked to see if anyone had woken up. Niall made a snorting sound, but that was it. I tried to calm down. Arianna wouldnt do this to me. I know her, and she told me she loved me, and I told her I loved her. She couldnt do this to me.....she promised she would never hurt me again, and I promised I would never let her go. I wasnt about to let this happen. I picked up his shirt off the table....it smelled like a girl. Suddenly I heard someone behind me and I swung around. Zayn was standing there in the doorway, his shirt off, showing his perfect six pack that we were all jealous of. A dark shadow covered half his body, I couldnt see his face.

"Do you like to wake up at 2 in the morning and smell my shirts Harry?" Zayns low voice said. He stepped slowly into the light, showing a supreior grin on his face. I threw the shirt at him.

"Wheres Arianna?" I say in an accusatory voice. Zayn looks down and kinda chuckles. I frown.

"Whats so funny?" I say, walking closer to him. Zayn looks to the right, then back at me, one eyebrow cocked up.

"Zayn tell me where Arianna is now." I say, I could feel myself getting more and more frusturated as he stared at me with that look. How come he always made me feel like I was four years younger than him?

"Thats a good question that I'd like to know myself." Zayn says, walking over to the table.

"Zayn im being serious, if you laid one hand on her..." I say, my voice rising with anger. Zayn picked his hat off the floor that I had thrown.

"Harry, why do you think I want her so much?" He says turning around to face me. I frowned, and looked at him confused. "Do I look that despreate?"

"Zayn I know you like her, face it. Dont try to ignore the fact that you danced with her, and wanted her the whole the night, but you couldnt make your move when we were all watching, so you did it when we went to sleep." I say staring him down. Zayn smirks and sits down at the table.

"Harry, if I want a girl, you'll know it. I dont mess around and wait for her, I make my move and see how she reacts." He says staring back at me.

"How do I know thats not what your doing to my girlfriend?" I say, glaring at him. He shrugs casually.

"Well, you don't." He says simply.

"Zayn Im not playing games, did you just hook up with her or what?" I say, my calm was about to snap. And Zayns calm was just becoming more and more, making me look stupid.

"I didnt hook up with your girlfriend Harry, there, you happy?" He says.

"Where is she then?" I shoot back.

"How would I know? She stood up suddenly and said she had to leave for some reason., took Eleanor and left." He says looking at me, eyebrows raised. I sat down in the chair by the table.

"She left?" I ask again.

"Yes."

"Just like that, got up, and left?" I say, trying to figure this out.

"Yes...Harry." Zayn says with a pained expression. I didnt know what to think. I didnt feel like Zayn was innocent, but....at least he didnt get with Arianna. But why did she leave?

"Well im going back to bed, nice having this little chat." Zayn says standing up and whacking me on the back. I just sat there, and watched him disappear into the shadows again. I didnt trust Zayn. I know what happened before wasnt fully his fault, but at least he could have told me. He could have saved me the hurt and pain, but he didnt. After that, I never fully trusted him. If he didnt tell me then, why would he tell me now? When Zayn wants a girl, he gets her. Ive seen him take girls away from their boyfriends, but he never claims it to be his fault. He says he didnt know, and the girls were the ones that pushed it, but now Im not so sure. His words rang in my head. " I dont mess around and wait for her, I make my move and see how she reacts." What does he mean? I shivered again. It was cold and I was tired. I wanted Arianna. I wanted to smell her vanilla smell and cuddle her. Why did she have to leave so suddenly, and not say goodbye? Why did she ever get up off the couch in the first place? I sighed, and got up from the chair. I worried too much. Maybe I was too protective of her...maybe I needed to relax. What if this was all in my head? I walked over to my bed and flung myself down. Looks like Zayn forgot he had won it. Where was Zayn sleeping anyway? At this point I didnt even care, as long as it wasnt with my girlfriend. I tried to sleep but I couldnt. All I kept thinking about Arianna, and where she had to rush off too. I sighed, I missed her already.

Alright so what do you think? Do you think Zayn is telling Harry the truth? He never flat out said he didnt want Arianna did he? But he acted like he didnt when he was talking to him. Plus he kissed Eleanor. This is confusing! And what do you think happened between Harry and Zayn awhile back? Harry keeps bringing that up...hmmm Leave me a comment!!

<31Dforever23