Chapter Sixty Three

Harry POV

We were silent in the car ride home. Arianna was driving this time, and I was just staring out the window. I kept thinking that Mr. Reed is going to fire me for punching that guy...or maybe the guy will sue me, or maybe both. I couldnt believe I did that, I felt like such an idiot....and on top of it all.....I'm keeping a secret from everyone about Susan. I didnt know who I should tell and who would be better off not knowing. I had to tell Zayn....he's the only one that knows it was Susan I was talking to, everyone else doesn't. And I still didnt know myself if I really missed Susan...or if I was just afraid of her for some strange reason. It sounds silly, even in my head, but theres some feeling shes giving me and I can't tell if it's good or bad.

"Harry?" Arianna says, her voice rather quiet and small.

"Ya?" I say, lifting my head off of my hand. My jaw felt all funny, I didnt know I was doing that for so long.

"Why are you so quiet? You havent said a word this entire car ride." She says looking over at me for a second. She gives me a worried smile. I try to smile back then look away.

"Sorry, we can talk. What do you want to talk about?" I ask, straightening up in my seat. The seat belt was digging into my chest and I pulled it back. Arianna watched me closely, like I was about to pull out a gun or something. What is with her? Shes probably thinking the same about me though. Suddenly Arianna pulls off the road into a grassy area and stops the car. She takes off her belt and turns face towards me.

"Harry. You are slowly driving me insane by the way your acting. I know there is something wrong. Why won't you tell me? You don't have to be afraid to tell me anything Harry." She says, I looked up at her surprised, then quickly looked down. Why shouldnt I tell her? I mean...its not like Susan is my ex or something...its nothing like that. Why am I afraid of telling her? I just don't want to.....I feel like Susan and Arianna are in two different worlds...and in my mind...those worlds don't mix.

"Ok, you want me to tell you?" I blurt out.

"Only if you want to." Arianna says. I swallowed.

"My old friend called me up, thats who I was talking to. He said my cat died." I say, completely avoiding eye contact at the cat part. Arianna just stared at me for a second. What did I just do.....

"Is that it? Is that why you've been so sad?" Arianna says frowning.

"Uhh..erm. Yea." I say, nervously switching my phone on and off. Why did I just say that? Its a blatent lie....and on top of that...its sounds increasingly stupid.

"Im so sorry Harry." Arianna says reaching over and giving me a hug. I wrap my arms around her, then run my hands down her silky brown hair. How could I lie to this innocent little thing....and she believes me too. Maybe I should have just told her...but something in me is still saying no. I sighed heavily. Arianna pulled back and looked at me with sad eyes. I tired my best to look sad, I mean it wasn't that hard but...

"I had a dog when I was 10." She says. "Her name was Poppy, and I loved her to death. But one day when I got home from school...my parents told me she had run away. I found out later she'd been hit by a car. I can't tell you how much I cried Harry. I still cry sometimes...not kidding." She says, trying to cheer me up. I took a deep breath in and looked at her. Now I felt like I should be the one cheering her up.

"Thats...really sad." I say, hoping that didnt sound rude. Arianna looks up at me and smiles.

"It is really sad, but I mean...Im still here, the world didnt end." She says kind of laughing. I smile at her and look down. I felt awful actually for telling her that...but I would have felt worse if I spilled out everything about Susan.... Arianna at least knows she exists...and thats enough for me.