two

I coughed again on the cigarette once she broke that news to me. There was no fucking way this would happen. I didn't even fucking know him.

"No way! He can't actually get it.. right?"

She sighed. "I don't know, baby.. I'm just not sure."

I blinked away the tears gathering in my eyes and looked at the window. I couldn't believe that she just seemed so okay with this. How could she possibly think that I would want to be around this guy who I didn't even know.

"Carson, baby, you shouldn't be upset about this."

"Oh I shouldn't? I don't even fucking know the guy, mom! And newsflash you told me before that he fucking left us! So why would I want him to have joint custody of me. I don't even know the guys name."

"Luke."

"What?"

She sighed again. "Luke Hemmings, that's his name."

"That doesn't mean anything to me. I don't want to see him," I scoffed and took another inhale off the almost finished cigarette. I can't believe that she just thinks I'll just want to see this guy that I don't even know anything about. It's insane.

He may biologically be my dad but to me he's just a stranger.

The rest of the ride was tense due to my outburst, but I didn't care.

Once we got to our apartment I made a big show of getting out my moms car and slamming the door, followed by stomping all the way upstairs.

There was no way in hell I was letting that man get custody. I'd do whatever it takes.

..
It was now 10:30 at night and I was laying in my bed, smoking some of the marijuana I had stolen from my mother's bedroom. I could hear her and Ralph downstairs laughing, doing god knows what.

Curiously and frustrated, I grabbed my laptop and opened Google before typing 'Luke Hemmings Los Angeles Doctor.' Immediately results popped up with the name of my supposed father along with what looked to be the website of what hospital he worked at.

I clicked that link and was stunned to find a small biography of him along with a picture. Curly blond hair, bright smile flashing the camera, bright blue eyes, he was from Sydney, Australia which was the exact same place I born and now reside in.

We looked nothing alike, me, with my dyed black hair and nose ring. But the one thing that stuck out at me was those damn blue eyes.

Staring straight back at me, looking exactly like my own.