Eleven

I sat in the diner eating my breakfast, listening to the rest of the group. My nausea and migraine were starting to slightly go away, but it was still lingering.

Right now I was just listening to the rest of the group talk about how they all experienced the party.

Pretty much zoned out into my plates of pancakes.

I did perk up and become ever so suspicious when I saw two police officers walk into the diner.

Fuck.

No, wait. It was just a coincidence. There was no way they were here for me and I doubt that my dad actually called the cops and reported me as missing.

He barely even knew me.

Plus not to mention he pretty much had no right to do that since he's the one who walked out on my mom and me.

He didn't have a right to be concerned about me. We were strangers.

"Car?" I heard one of my friends, Sawyer, call my name, catching my attention. "Are you okay? You seem kind of out of it."

"Oh yeah, I'm fine, just tired and hungover." I smiled.

Sawyer was like the 'dad' of our friend group, always checking up on everyone and making sure they were okay. I appreciated that a lot.

But right now I was paranoid about the two cops being here and Luke might've actually called them and reported me missing or some shit.

So far though it seemed they were just here eating.

Although, there were a few times when they would look in my direction and then spend a few minutes discussing something with each other. It made me believe that they were onto me.

It was just all a coincidence that they were here though. That's all it was.

They stayed for roughly 30 minutes and started to walk towards the door, but just as I thought I was out of the clear, they of course turned around and started walking towards our table.

Fucking hell.

"Excuse me, you wouldn't happen to be Carson Evergreen?"

I was hoping my two months of acting lessons, when I was seven years would, would finally be useful.

"I'm sorry and who's that? I have no clue who that is, officer."

"It's a missing teen and you look exactly like her."

I shook my head, feigning confusion. "I have no idea who that is, sir. But lots of people look like other people."

"Mm-hm yeah... listen your dad's worried about you so we're gonna need you to come with us."

Fuck.

Luke did call the cops on me.

I looked towards my friends hoping they'd be able to get me out of this, but they stayed silent and out of it, choosing to continue eating their food.

Some friends.

But I guess they were just worried they'd be found out for having drugs or some shit.

"Fine. I'll go with you."

"Great. We'll meet your dad at the station." One of the cops gently spoke and grabbed my upper arm. I wasn't a fucking criminal, this was ridiculous.

I was placed in the back of one of the squad cars and then we began our descent to the station.

...
I walked inside behind the cops once we arrived at the station. I could immediately see Luke in a waiting room, pacing back and forth, and running his fingers through his hair.

"Mr. Hemmings? I believe we've found your daughter." One of the officers spoke once we had entered the waiting room.

I kept my hands in the pocket of my jacket, feeling to make sure my cigarettes and lighter were still in my pocket.

Luke turned around and I saw his whole posture just relax. It was strange... this man I met not even two days ago has shown more care for me in that short timeframe than my mom possibly might've ever had.

Yet, I didn't want any part of that. He left us.

"Oh, Carson, you're okay." He smiled and walked over to hug me, but I pushed him away.

"No, just stop. I don't want this. I don't want you."