Thirty-five | Blue Eyes

(not proofread)

..

*8 months later*

"You look absolutely beautiful." Luke smiled at Carson when he saw her walk down the stairs, dolled up in a dress. Although she still did the majority of her schooling online, she was still allowed to attend after-school events, such as the end of year school dance.

However, before the new school year started again in the fall, her junior year, she and Luke would decide if she would either attend school or stick with online for her last two years.

"Dad," Carson groaned, and she turned around to grab a few tissues for the man in question. "You said you wouldn't cry."

"I'm not crying; it's just dry in here, and it's aggravating my allergies."

"You're definitely crying," Ashton said, holding a smile on his face. "Just think, mate, this time in about two years she'll be graduating."

"Shut up, Ashton."

"Yeah, and then she's going to college," Calum chimed in when he walked into the room.

"Okay, will all of you shut up?" My dad laughed and wiped at his eyes. "You do look beautiful, hun."

"Thanks, dad." Carson smiled again and leaned in to give him a hug. "Are you sure you're going to be okay?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine, love. You're growing up, and that's something I need to acceptâ€"maybe not right now, but definitely soon."

"I'll still be here with you, dad."

"I know, I know, but still."

"Don't you think you're being a bit dramatic, Luke?" Michael asked with a smile on his face. "It's not like she's getting married or anything."

"Shut it, Clifford. I don't even want to think about that."

Carson laughed and smiled at the quartet that held her dad and his best friends. She had reiterated to them probably over a thousand times how grateful she was for them, despite literally hating them when she first arrived. It had taken her a long time, even after she said she already had, to come to terms with the fact that what they had done for her in regards to the addiction situation was actually them helping her in the long run.

She still had weekly sessions with Calum. Neither of them considered them to be classified as "therapy sessions" anymore, but instead just as a way for Carson to talk about anything she needed to get off her chest, even if sometimes it was just gossip about some reality TV show they all watched.

Carson had learned that pretty much everything she told Calum during their sessions was kept confidential between the two and that he basically couldn't tell Luke any of it, unless, of course, it was something really serious.

"I'm going to be late," Carson laughed.

"Alright, alright." Luke laughed back and grabbed his car keys. "Come on, love. I'll drop you off."

Carson hugged everyone goodbye and took a few photos with them before following Luke out to his car. He had happily opened the passenger door for her and helped her get inside, then got in himself. Just after he had started the engine, he handed Carson a box.

"What's this?" She smiled and looked at him.

"Open it."

The young girl did as he instructed and opened the box to reveal a sterling silver bracelet that had a small charm of a daffodil latched onto it. "Wow," she smiled and took it out of the box. "This is beautiful, dad. Thank you."

Luke gently took the bracelet out of her hands and started to put it on her. "You're welcome, love. I looked it up and thought it was perfect for you since a daffodil flower symbolizes change and new beginnings."

Carson leaned over and hugged her dad. "It is beautiful. Thank you so much." Things were still so surreal for her, but she would not change any of it for the world.

"Promise you'll never leave or give up on me."

"I promise, love. It'll just be you and me."

The End

The End

..

Thank you so much for reading and putting up with my wacky updating schedule. If you have made it this far ILY. Thank you all for your continued support on my fanfic writing journey.

Stay tuned for something exciting coming pretty soon!! But in the meantime you can check out my Ashton fic if you'd like, it is called "Changing."
However updates are unfortunately slow at this time.

Love,
A. ❤️