Five

*two days later, Friday*

I sat at my desk applying the finishing touches to my makeup and styling my hair. It was 5:40, the party started at 7, and Hannah was due to pick me up around 6:20. I'd have plenty of time.

My outfit considered of a black crisscross copped halter top, ripped black skinny jeans, and a pair of black ankle boots.

Reluctantly, but luckily for me, my mom had agreed for me to go to the party after much of my begging. She wasn't always the biggest fan of me going to high school parties, but in the end always said yes.

Speaking of my mother, she still seemed to be on edge since the news of my father surfaced. I swear she believed that he was just going to magically appear at our doorstep one day and uncover all of our secrets.

I wasn't going to let the news of him drag me down though, especially not today with Josh's party.

Once finished with everything, with a still surprisingly ten minutes to spare until Hannah was approximately due to arrive. I walked downstairs to the kitchen where my mom was concocting dinner for herself and Ralph.

"I'm leaving soon," I smiled, entering the kitchen and her view fully.

"You look beautiful, Carson. That is sure to get that boy Joe's attention."

"It's Josh," I laughed and corrected, a slight heat surging to my cheeks from blushing. "But thanks."

There was suddenly a knock at our door which made me furrow my eyebrows in confusion. It couldn't be Ralph because my mom told me he wasn't coming until 7:30, so it was more than likely Hannah coincidentally showing up ten minutes early.

But weird.. she would never usually knock, normally would just text that she was here or just walk in since she was practically family.

I'm sure she was just messing with me though.

"Oh would you get that, Carson? Someone's been knocking at that door for a few minutes but I was too busy with dinner to get it."

"Yeah sure. It's probably just Hannah," I laughed and walked out of the kitchen, towards our front door.

But when I opened the door I never imagined how wrong I would be and who'd be standing on the other side.

"Oh my god!"

"Carson.."