Twelve

(not proofread at all so idk if it'll make sense?? really hope it does tho or i'll delete)

..

I could immediately see the masked hurt and confusion written on Luke's face when I told him that I didn't want him and that almost made me regret saying it. Almost.

But after all, it was the truth.

"What?" He asked after a few seconds of awkward science.

"I don't want you," I repeated.

"I'm sorry, Carson but my hands are tied with this. I've already had my lawyer file for joint custody and it's been granted by a judge in America."

"But I don't want it."

"Carson, I want to be in your life. If I had known that I even had a child I would've stayed here, but I can't change the past, only the future."

I paused. He didn't know he had a kid?

No, there's no way. Surely my mom would've mentioned it to him.

For a minute I did forget that we were still in the middle of the police station and looked around to make sure no one was hearing our conversation, but they all seemed too preoccupied with their own thing to care.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "My mom will say no."

"She already agreed and her lawyer did as well. And even if she did say no, it is out of her control since it was granted by a judge."

I felt my world crashing and I had to place my hand on a nearby wall when I felt myself suddenly lightheaded. Shit.

How could I be expected to live with a man that I just met? The person I just found out was my father.

How could my mother agree to this?

"You're lying."

"No, I'm not lying, Carson," He sighed. "This isn't something I would lie about."

"But I don't know you! How do I know you're not lying."

He sighed and I could see him realize that I did have a point.

And I had thought I won the battle, but little did I know the war was just beginning.

"Carson, there is a custody agreement that your mother has already agreed to. You will be living with me in America for 3 months."

This was news to me and something my mom did not mention.

I knew she had stated Luke was attempting to go for joint custody, but not that he'd got it.

And definitely hadn't mentioned anything about living in America for 3 months.

Why would she send her daughter with a stranger? Was it just to get rid of me?

Was she sick and tired of my antics?

"You just randomly flew to Australia with some random ass custody agreement?" I was pissed off and couldn't tell who I was angered with more, Luke or my mom.

"It's not random. It's been in the works for a couple of months, but it took a lot more to figure out legally since you're in Australia as opposed to being in America. There are different laws."

"This is fucking bullshit!" I shook my head and turned away from him before he could see the angry tears escaping my eyes and bolted out of the police station.

I could hear the sound of Luke's footsteps behind me and the sound of his voice calling me, but everything was a blur and I only had one thing on my mind.

Run.

So I took off.

I was quite the runner actually which did not come as a shock since I knew how to outrun dangerous situations I always seemed to get myself into.

Luke's footsteps did eventually cease and when I turned around he was no longer behind me, allowing me to stop and catch my breath for a minute.

Perhaps it was wrong of me to isolate him like this, especially after how genuine he seemed about not knowing he had a literal fucking child and wanting to make things right with me, but I knew better than to give in that easily.

Right at that moment I knew.

I wasn't going to America without a fight.