Eight

I sighed heavily once I finally made it into Hannah's car after waiting another five minutes for her to arrive.

"You look stressed," she laughed once I sat down and we drove off. "What's bugging you?"

"Oh, nothing besides the fact that my fucking dad is in there with mom right now."

"Woah. Are you serious?! Your dad? That's like huge, Carson."

I rolled my eyes and covered my face.
"Yeah tell me about it. He's staying until Sunday and my mom wants me to not smoke or drink until then. Plus she told me I need to come home tonight since my dad decided to show up."

"I'm surprised she even let you go to the party still," she laughed.

"It was actually my dad who convinced her. Oh, and that's not even the worst fucking part."

"It's not?"

"Nope. Apparently, my mom told her lawyer, who told my dad's lawyer, who then told my dad that apparently I do all this studying. He probably thinks we're out studying right now."

"Damn, Car, that's fucked up... so what are you gonna do about this?"

"The only thing I know," I laughed, knowing that she knew exactly what I was talking about. "Let's go get wasted."

.. Luke's POV...

It was just a little after 10 pm in Sydney when I got back to my hotel room. I had just gotten comfortable and was getting ready to FaceTime 3 of my best friends to tell them how everything went.

They were currently staying in Los Angeles, California while I came to try and bond with Carson, but they have been there since the beginning, the day Carson was born. They knew the entire story and all about Tiffany.

Speaking of...

After meeting Carson for the first time and having a surprisingly civilized conversation with Tiffany, I had gotten myself some dinner and then came back here.

To say that meeting Carson went well would be an understatement. It was incredibly awkward and I'm of course not blaming Carson for that, her mother I'm sure had much to do with it.

Not to mention how off-putting the house was. There was something about it that I just couldn't wrap my finger around, but Carson shouldn't be staying there.

It just seemed unattended and no real love was given to the house. There were loads of dust, and cobwebs, and I was even sure I saw a bit of mold growing in some places.

If that was how the house looked then I could only imagine what was going on with my daughter.

"Heyy," Calum smiled once he connected to the Skype call. He was in his car, a clear sign that he was on his way to the hospital. "How'd it go with Carson?"

"How didn't it go?"

His smile turned into a frown. "Oh... it was bad?"

"It wasn't necessarily bad I guess, just wasn't what I expected."