three

*two days later*

It's been two days since I saw a picture of Luke, or my dad, for the first time and I was terrified of those familiar blue eyes. They looked exactly like mine and that's what I was afraid of.

Every time I was in a room with a mirror I would catch myself looking at my eyes for too long and I swear I could see his blue ones staring back at me. It was insane.

My mom has seemed to be on edge ever since she broke the news about the whole joint custody thing, but I wasn't too worried. There was no way they'd grant him custody considering I didn't even fucking know the guy.

I've been smoking and drinking a little bit more since all of this, despite my mom pleading with me to stop. She believed that somehow my father who's in California would know about it.

But ever since I heard about him going back for custody, I couldn't help but become more stressed which in turn caused me to drink and smoke more.

Sure I should've been taking more precautions considering I now knew that I was literally the daughter of a fucking doctor and it could lead to all these health problems, and blah blah blah.

But I'd much rather be relaxed temporarily than have to deal with impending stress of Luke, which is exactly what I was doing right now while my mom and Ralph were grocery shopping.

I sat peacefully in my bedroom drinking straight out of the bottle of my mom's stashed away liquor.

"Carson, baby. We're home!"

Shit.

I rolled out of my bed and fell to the floor with a loud thud. I hadn't drank that much of the alcohol so I wasn't even drunk, maybe slightly tipsy at most but I had always been a bit of a lightweight.

I groaned and stumbled around for a bit before heading downstairs to the duo.

"Yeah? What?"

My mother took one look at my state and shook her head. "Carson, I thought I told you I didn't want you doing anything until this whole situation with your father settles."

"Yeah I know but I'm stressed.. and this helps me out."

I heard Ralph chuckle from behind me. "What are you so worried about anyways, honey? He left you remember?"

"Well.. he didn't.. I actually.." my mom paused mid sentence, looked around nervously and shrugged her shoulders. "You're right, honey. He did leave me."