Ten

(didn't proof read this one very well so I apologize)

...Carson...

I awoke the following morning in some random house with a massive hangover, minor details of last night creeping into my mind.

My head was pounding and I was nauseous. I needed something.

I pushed off the arm of some random drunken boy that was slumped around my waist.

Gross.

My phone couldn't be found anywhere near me but I wasn't too concerned, my mom wouldn't care to be looking for me anyways. And Luke didn't have any of my contact information, so no reason to worry about him.

I wasn't sure where Hannah was though, we had kind of separated from each other about ten minutes after we walked into the party and the drinks started going.

"Hey... come back," I heard the boy in the bed slur. His hand made its way to my wrist and grasped on tightly.

"No, l need to find my friend," I snarled and plucked my hand out of his hold. He groaned at that but ultimately just decided to go back to sleep.

I stumbled ever so slightly while putting my clothes back on then exited the room.

Walking through the hall I could see that there were red cups scattered everywhere. One person was even passed out on the floor.

It must've been a good party then.

I finally found my phone that was left on the floor and the screen was smashed slightly. My mom would kill me if she had to use her alcohol money to get my phone fixed.

Though, I think I liked alcohol and cigarettes just a little bit more.

My phone surprisingly still worked and I was shocked to see a substantial amount of missed phone calls and texts from my mom. That was rare, she normally didn't care if I stayed out late or didn't answer for a while.

It was like Luke showing up had changed her into a different person.

I clicked on her messages, reading through a few.

[ Carson. Please ]

[ Answer me. Are you okay? ]

[ Carson... I'm not joking. ]

Carson. Luke is very worried. He is threatening to call the police and report you as missing.

That last message was sent nearly fifteen minutes ago. So I quickly texted her that I was fine and still with Hannah, what she didn't know probably wouldn't hurt her.

I was just about to go search for Hannah when an unknown number caught my eye. It was probably just a scam text but I opened it anyways.

Hi Carson,
Um, it's me your dad.. or Luke I'm not sure which you prefer yet. Your mother gave me your number and we are both very worried that you haven't responded or called her yet. Please do so when you see this message.

That wasn't the only message. There were tons more like my mother's, maybe even more.

I wasn't going to deal with him tho.

What a creep he is.

I rolled my eyes and swiped out of the message. I was too hungover to deal with this right now, and my mother has no right to give my number out to basically a stranger.

What a weirdo he is.

"Hannah," I called to my friend once I found her. She was on one of the couches, cuddled up with a girl that I briefly saw last night at the party.

"Chill, girl. You can have some too."

"I don't want any. I want my friend." I spoke strongly to the stranger in front of me.

"Carson?" I heard Hannah's voice. "Ew, you look a mess."

"Yeah, I feel it too.

"You wanna go out to breakfast?"

I thought about it. My mom was clearly freaking out but I did text her back, and I truly had no idea if my dad would actually call the cops.

Probably not.

"Sure, yeah. I'll go."