五十 | I miss you

五十
against the world

Capturing the four-tails was done with no difficulty, and Itachi and Kisame returned to the hideout soon after

Capturing the four-tails was done with no difficulty, and Itachi and Kisame returned to the hideout soon after. But right when they entered the living area, Itachi noticed that the place was rather deserted.

Deidara was pacing about the room as he cussed under his breath, his demeanour was like one who had lost his mind. Once Deidara spotted Itachi and Kisame, he let out a sigh of relief, but then instantly, guilt spread across his face as he tried to stand up straight and confidently, but in vain. In the end, he let out a whine which almost sounded like a baby who had lost their mother.

"Kisame," his voice ground out as he pouted. "Kisame . . . can you tell your partner not to kill me, please."

Kisame raised his brows before letting out a chuckle. "What's wrong with you, Deidara? Come here and talk to us properly. Itachi won't bite you."

Deidara frowned as he forced himself to walk up to them. He fidgeted with his fingers, his face paled. "I screwed up badly. I swear I didn't mean to, Itachi, but I just couldn't help it."

Itachi watched the timid Deidara as he began to get the guts feeling of what was going on. "Stop beating around the bush," he muttered.

Deidara closed his eyes and hit his head with his fist. "I was wrong, okay! I took Kuina out of the hideout to observe Hidan and Kakuzu's fight, but then the Leaf Village ninja tricked me real bad. Now, they have Kuina!" he cried as he placed his hands over his face. "I didn't mean to, I swear! She was so agitated and worried, I just wanted to take her outside, so she'd feel better. It's been almost three days now since I've lost her, and it's all my fault. . ."

Itachi's gaze darkened instantly and not staying to hear Deidara finish his sob story, he spun away without another word and stormed out the door where he just came in from.

He was not there to babysit these fools for only a day, and they had already caused so much trouble.

Kisame patted Deidara on the shoulder weakly before he followed Itachi closely behind.

They travelled at full speed, but even then, it took almost half an hour before they reached Konoha. Itachi put the guards by the gate to sleep, and infiltrated the village with the usual ease.

As they walked along the street of Konoha, his mind began to grow restless. If he wanted to retrieve the Fragrance back, then he must fight his enemies. But the enemies he was to fight were his own people. The thought was unsettling, but the need to have her back far outweighed everything at that moment as he focused on getting to where she was.

Itachi was much familiar with the streets of Konoha, and being once an insider of this place, he knew well where the Leaf would potentially keep the Fragrance; a medical dungeon was the most probable place, and thus, was where they were heading.