六十七 | Oh, you know you love me

六十七
promises

The room was completely silent apart from their heavy breathing

The room was completely silent apart from their heavy breathing. Itachi remained still, unable to tear his gaze away from her as he watched her grin beneath him. Her smile was completely chaste and innocent as opposed to what they had just done.

She seemed to brighten in the afterglow, her face a tinge of red, her hair a mess due to how much she slid back and forth earlier. Her soft skin was flushed and glistened with sweat.

All in all, as she lay there beneath him, being completely his, he found her breathtakingly beautiful. Her brown eyes seemed to bewitch him like the sultry moonlight that night, in such a way that put even the Sharingan's visual prowess to shame.

And right then, he felt a strange and warm feeling filled his heart. He didn't know what it was as he was never accustomed to such an emotion. But It felt like he could surface above the water and breathe; it felt as if everything could be forgotten.

Perhaps, it was happiness? Itachi did not know, and he didn't need to know. All he knew was that, if he could make her smile beneath him like that, in a life such as his, he held no more regrets.

He brought his hands and cupped them over her warm cheeks before he leaned in and gave her a soft kiss on her forehead. "I love you," he told her.

Her face bloomed at his words. Her breath seemed to hitch before her grin widened even more. She wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging onto him tighter. "I love you too," she uttered out in broken syllables, her voice hoarse and almost inaudible. "Very very much," she added.

It wasn't much of a new information to him, but for some reason, every time she told him those words, his heart would skip a beat, and the world would seem like it had come to a stop.

He let out a soft breath as he scanned his eyes over her once more. And at length, after drinking in her complexion, he finally managed to tear his gaze away as he pushed himself off of her. He laid down beside her before winding his arms around her delicate form and pulling her into his embrace.

She whimpered softly as she relaxed in his arms but even then, he could feel her shaky and ragged breathing against his chest. He brought his palm to the back of her head, softly stroking her hair to calm her. "You okay?" he asked her softly.

She gulped as she nodded and snuggled her forehead against his chest, a soft smile still radiating on her lips. "I told you I could take it," she uttered out beneath her breath, and she sounded immensely proud of herself. However, before long, her smile dropped as worries clouded her eyes. Her brows furrowed as she probed her head up at him. "Did I do well?"

Itachi blinked, his brows slightly raised at her question that sounded almost silly. She really had no idea how amazing she was for him, did she? She really had no idea what she had given him was more than just a simple well and no synonymous words of praise could possibly encompass how well she did - how much it drove him insane to the point that even right then, laying there, every inch of him still desperately craved for more.