will you marry me? (requested)

this was surprisingly fun to write!! I hope you (who requested) like this, cause I worked hard

 I actually really like this, btw I'm going to be doing more reqs real soon so stay tuned

i deadass almost wrote my name in one of the y/n slots ToT 

-- <3 --

 "Los Angeles how are we feeling tonight??!" Olivia called into the microphone with a massive grin on her face. 

God, her stage presence just radiated energy you could feel from backstage. 

The fans screamed in return for Olivia's question and you just smiled. Your girlfriend was in her element, and she was GLOWING. It was so funny, because while Olivia was on stage you sat, riveted and watched the live concert from backstage. At the beginning of tour, she'd put you in the VIP section with a few special guests but that ended up being too distracting, I mean, Olivia Rodrigo's girlfriend was standing just feet away from the general admission seats. People turned their heads to get reactions and it ended up taking a tiny bit of the focus off of your girl-- which was something you did not want to do. So, Olivia moved you backstage. That was going to come in handy today. 

"You guys are lively! now, Today's a very special day for me, do any of you know why?" Olivia directed the microphone to the crowd, and it just sounded like cheers to you but some must have answered the questions. 

Olivia laughed and nodded, "that's right, L.A. I get to play in my hometown, and on my three-year anniversary with y/n-- Now, Los Angeles, can you help me welcome a very special guest, Y/n Y/L/N!!!" 

what?? was this happening?? no, this must be a dream. you pinched yourself, but nothing changed. 

wait...this is why Olivia asked you to dress formally for today's show when you usually wore a regular outfit. 

"Miss y/l/n? Miss Rodrigo requests your presence on stage, right entrance!" A man dressed in black called into the small waiting area where you stood

You followed him, and all the way to stare right, your anxiety kept building. 

The venue seemed too still, too silent, but as soon as Olivia caught sight of you she broke into a grin that spread from ear to ear. 

you shook your head, even though you'd been publically dating Olivia for a year and a half, your default was still introverted-- and the size of the crowds that showed up to see her play...they were enormous and tonight was no exception. 

But Olivia didn't even falter. She just held out her hand, and now you had to go out. 

You silently prayed that the crowd couldn't see the fierce blush on your face as you started to walk out to her. God, y/n. Did you really have to wear your beat-up vans high tops today? 

upside, at least they went with your dress. 

Olivia clasped your sweaty hand and grinned at you, her face close to yours. By now, the crowd is roaring, so loud you almost don't hear Olivia start talking again.

"God, I remember the day I met you, Y/n. I remember how you wore the same vans you wear today, your hair was messy from the wind, and I remember the first time I saw it, I remember I wanted to run my hands through your hair like nothing else." You giggle, and Olivia reaches out to run her fingers through your hair. "It's just as soft as it was then. I know for a fact, that there are going to be days we both want out of this, I know there have been days we both wanted to give up. But you are the only person I want to see in the morning, the only one I want to kiss to sleep. Yours are the only hands I want to hold, so, Y/n Y/m/n Y/l/n, for all the kisses, for all the selfies, for the things we do behind closed doors that are for us and no one else, will you marry me?" Olivia slowly gets down on one knee and pulls out a purple box. She sets her purple and silver microphone down on the stage with a small thunk and uses her fingers to flip open the box. 

Your breath catches in your throat at the stunning ring, and instantly tears spring to your eyes. 

All the fans in the audience seem to be waiting silently with bated breath, and there's only one answer. 

"Yes," You nod as you break down crying happy tears right then. You cover your mouth as hot tears flow down your face. 

Olivia instantly closes the box and springs up, wrapping her arms around you. 

When you pull away Olivia grabs your hand and slides the silver ring onto your ring finger after it's secured on your finger your girlf-no, fiance hooks her arm around your neck and pulls you towards her until your lips collide with hers. 

"I love you so much" You smile against her lips, and when you pull away Olivia leans in and whispers in your ear, her breath tickling your skin. 

"meet me inside my dressing room after the show. There's a part two that's for us only" She then winks and finishes by smiling innocently for the crowd. 

Finally, after a long round of very enthusiastic cheers from the fans, Olivia lets you go off stage. 

"Whew! What'd you think of that, L.A.? This next song is dedicated to my one and only, Y/n. Sing along if you know it" Olivia sits down at the piano and starts to play the first notes of a song you know by heart. 

"we could leave the Christmas lights up till January. 

this is our place, we make the rules. 

there's a dazzling haze, a mysterious way about you dear

have I known you 20 seconds? or 20 years?

can I go where you go?

can we always be this close, forever and ever?

ah, take me out and take me home,

you're my, my, my, my...

lover."