⚡️ Chapter 4 ⚡️

However, as the days went on at the 12 Grimmauld Place, Vega found out that things had not improved for her in any way. If possible, her nightmares had gotten even worse. There wasn't a day where she didn't wake up with a cold sweat, and she was quite sure that the only reason why she wasn't making too many noises in her sleep was because of the sleeping pills she had been taking.

It was hard to sleep without them, and when Vega did try to sleep on her own at the new place, all she could do was lay in bed throughout the night, listening to the bangs and noises that things hiding away in secret locations throughout the house were making. She was restless with and without the pills.

Ron had refused to sleep by himself in the room above them and was spending his nights at Fred and George's room – which was quite bothersome but Fred was pretty annoyed by his younger brother as that meant that he couldn't spend time with Vega in either of the secluded rooms.

Even beyond that, there was not enough time to play around as Mrs. Weasley was making sure that every waking second was spent on helping her clean out. Vega didn't mind it at all, in fact, she worked harder at it so she would tire out.

Vega knew that she looked horrible – she hadn't been able to sleep and she hadn't been able to eat properly either. She just preferred to spend her time distracted away from everything that was going on.

There was a curiosity in Vega about what was going on in the basement kitchen every evening but she also wondered if she wanted to ask them what was being discussed. Dora had let a few things slip to her, and so had Dumbledore, strangely. But it was all filled with things that made her feel worse.

On the other hand, Vega saw that Ron, Hermione, Fred, George and Ginny were increasingly interested at what was going on. She couldn't blame them because they had not yet seen Voldemort eye-to-eye. And she hoped that none of them would ever do, either.

But even that wish sounded foolish –
Voldemort was back and a war was inevitable.

How that war would end, Vega didn't know. But she knew that things would not be the same and that many people will be hurt, if not worse. She might be one of them, too. However, she wished that none of her friends or loved ones would suffer at the hands of the Death Eaters.

Yet another foolish wish of hers.

Before Vega even realised it, the last week of July had arrived and she hoping that it and August would pass by quietly so they could return back to Hogwarts. She was certain that she would feel better once she had returned to school and busied herself with studies, especially since her Ordinary Wizarding Level exams were coming up.

But what if the castle only reminded her more of Cedric's death?
She revisited that night every night anyhow.

On the morning of 29th July, Vega left her bed without having a wink of sleep and took a long shower until Hermione knocked on the door to remind her not to drown herself in there. Then, she wrote a letter to Harry, mentioning the nightmares she had been getting and suggesting various ways they could help themselves – she was trying to be as understanding as she could toward him.

After all, only she knew truly knew what he was feeling.
And only he knew what she was feeling.

Once Aquila had flown off to Harry's home, Vega left her room and headed down to the basement kitchen. She glanced around to make sure that she wouldn't be shocked by Moody coming out of nowhere and was slightly relieved to see that he wasn't around. He must've left for home again. It was only Mrs. Weasley in the kitchen.