⚡️ Chapter 10 ⚡️

Sleep was a bit difficult that night as Vega was lost in her thoughts about what they had just discussed. She knew several things about the Order but she hadn't quite been told that there was a weapon. She knew that people were looking out for something but she didn't know it was that very weapon. Vega wondered what exactly that weapon was – she was sure she wouldn't be answered.

Everything has limitations.
Even questions.

Hermione and Ginny were discussing the conversation for a very long time into the night, and the more Vega heard them talk in hushed, excited whispers about the information they had gotten, the more irritated she felt. She kept feeling as if she was isolated and alienated by those around her.

Harry was right.
They don't know how it feels.

Vega was starting to feel bad that ever since she had heard him say all that stuff, she was feeling the same way. It was wrong her to detach herself from others just because she had gone through that.

I must try my best that no one else goes through the same.
Seeing Voldemort... and being hurt by him.

By the time morning came, Vega had just fallen asleep, balled up under her covers. She had long slipped her head away from the pillow and hidden it away with herself. She wasn't in the mood to do anything. She just wanted to stay in bed all day long – she wasn't looking forward to anything.

It was stupid but Vega hadn't wanted to talk about that event. She felt like she was promised she wouldn't have to hear about it after that night in Dumbledore's office. She had only talked about it to Fred because they had been in an intimate situation. The dinner table wasn't such a place to talk.

Lost in her nightmarish sleep, Vega didn't know when everyone else got up, even though they were susceptible to grumbling quite a bit every morning. She was shivering when someone shook her up.

"Vega?"

For a second, a thrill of terror went through her body and Vega almost reached for her wand when she saw that it was only Fred. He was sitting on the bed next to her, his hand on her shoulder. He had been the one waking her up today and Vega stared up at his face in the darkness of the room.

"Hey, good morning, love," Fred said. "Mum says it's time for breakfast and wants us all downstairs. Are you doing okay? You were shaking... you're not catching a cold, are you?"

Fred tucked her unruly hair behind her ears and placed his hand over her forehead to see if she was catching one. Vega felt like look in his eyes was very similar to his mother's and she let out a smile.

"What did you learn from that?" Vega asked in a quiet voice. "By checking my temperature?"

"To be honest, I have no idea how to check them," Fred admitted, causing Vega to chuckle at him. "I have seen Mum do that to Ron – he gets sick all too often,"

"I don't feel hungry," Vega mumbled.

"But you still have to eat, remember?" Fred replied. "You always advocated on how important breakfast is for everyone – out of all meals – and here, you're trying to opt out of it like this?"

"Are you scolding me?" Vega asked and Fred smiled at her, reaching down to kiss her forehead.

"Come downstairs, okay?" Fred said, stroking her hair gently. "You have to eat – you're not eating enough. It makes me feel better. Mum will kill me if I don't convince you to eat,"

After Fred had left, Vega laid in the bed for a few more minutes. She wished that she could talk to others about what made her feel better these days, but she decided it sounded selfish. So, she just got up and went to take a long, warm shower – so long that when she went to the basement, most of the people were finished with their breakfast.