⚡️ Chapter 25 ⚡️

Vega had hoped for a decent night but her dreams were filled with all sorts of choppy nightmares that stemmed from the night of 24 June – seeing Cedric Diggory be murdered, hearing the Death Eaters jeer at them, being tortured by Voldemort and being chased by Crouch Junior through the halls of Hogwarts. It took Vega several minutes to calm her breathing down and get out of her bed, no longer in desire to sleep again – no matter how warm her bed was.

All the other girls were still asleep as Vega took a shower and changed into her uniform for the day. It was quite early in the morning and the dormitory was only lit by the warmth of the heater in the middle of the dormitory. And it still took about twenty minutes before the sun came up into the sky – and the day dawned just as leaden and rainy as the previous one.

There was no desire in Vega to write about her nightmares into her Dream Diary but she decided that she would note it down anyway, figuring that she was to give in that diary at the end of the month anyhow, and that teachers were not allowed to give out personal information anyhow.

Well, hopefully Professor Trelawney would recall that rule.

It was still about half an hour before the breakfast would begin and Vega had nothing to do in the dorm or the common room so she left for the Owlery, hoping to catch some alone time, and maybe even Fred if he came by – not that she expected since he always went to sleep late on the first day.

But surprisingly, Fred did come by about ten minutes after Vega had arrived in the Owlery and she gave him a casual smile as if nothing wrong had happened. She watched him receive some Owl Orders and then he finally reached the windowsill she was sat on.

"Good morning, love," Vega greeted as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders, pulling him close so she could give him a soft peck on his lips. "How was your night?"

"Would've been better if you were there," Fred mumbled, kissing her back more eagerly. "You're so mean getting me hooked on sleeping with you and then disappearing,"

"I think I've already read that tragedy in some book," Vega replied and she smiled as Fred laughed. "George and Lee might not mind me coming into your dorm but you have two other roommates,"

"Well, there's Julien Kinsley – he doesn't care about what we do," Fred said quickly. "And the other's Kenneth Towler, he doesn't like to cross paths with us, either. You can come by any time you want,"

With the thought of that, Vega went down to the Great Hall for breakfast. She met with Harry, Ron and Hermione on the way but fortunately they didn't question her whereabouts. And when they sat down at the Gryffindor table, they saw that Hagrid was still absent from the staff table at breakfast.

"But on the plus side, no Snape today," Ron said bracingly.

Hermione yawned widely and poured herself some coffee. She looked mildly pleased about something, and when Ron finally asked her what she had to be so happy about, she simply said –

"The hats have gone.

Seems the house-elves do want freedom after all,"

"I wouldn't bet on it," Ron told her cuttingly. "They might not count as clothes. They didn't look anything like hats to me, more like woolly bladders,"

Hermione did not speak to him all morning. But at the very least, Vega was grateful that they hadn't started going off on each other right on the breakfast table. It was the last thing she wanted to start her morning with – not after the happiness boost that she got from Fred.

There first two classes were double Charms, which was then succeeded by double Transfiguration – and both Professor Flitwick and Professor McGonagall spent the first fifteen minutes of their lessons lecturing the class on the importance of O.W.L.s.