⚡️ Chapter 50 ⚡️

When Vega woke up the next morning, she was slightly disorientated due to the lack of nightmare. She was wrapped up in Fred's arms yet again, and her head was on his shoulder, arm lazily-draped across him. But it seemed like it was quite early in the morning because Fred was still fast asleep and she could hear George snoring in the other bed, too.

Mrs. Weasley had relented and allowed Fred to share his bed with Vega for now but Vega was quite sure that 'the talk' had been refreshed for him by his mother. But Vega wouldn't do anything with George in the room, and she was sure Fred wouldn't either. Besides, she was quite sure that neither her nor Fred were even in mood for that.

Faint wintry sunlight soon started to flood the room but Vega remained in her place next to Fred, just listening to him slumber as she thought about the recent events. She felt grateful for him – and embarrassed over her own solitary behaviour.

"Good morning," Vega whispered when she felt Fred wake up, and she looked up just in time to watch his eyes open. "Freddie,"

"Good morning, love," Fred replied, turning over and squishing her further into his arms, grinning as he felt the coolness of her body. "When did you wake up?"

"Just a while ago," Vega answered, struggling in his hold. "You're going to kill me, Fred,"

"Hey, I just want to hug you," Fred said. "Didn't you say you, too, wanted to hug cute animals really, really hard sometimes and have to hold back?"

"Yeah, but I hold back, don't I?" Vega asked but she ended up letting out a chuckle, and Fred decreased a bit of his hold on him and stuffed his face against her hair.

"You have to stay safe with me," Fred muttered.

It didn't take long for Mrs. Weasley to wake everyone up for breakfast. Vega didn't argue with Fred and did her best to eat as well as she could. And then, the rest of the morning was spent putting up Christmas decorations around the place – something that Vega joined in.

Vega could not remember Sirius ever being in such a good mood; he was actually singing carols, apparently delighted that he was to have company over Christmas. As she would move through the house, she could hear his voice echoing all around the otherwise gloomy house.

While everyone was feeling their spirits soar, Vega was quick to notice that Harry was keeping himself shut away in the cold and empty drawing room. She tried opening the door as quietly as she could be it seemed like he had locked it.

For once, Vega had no idea what to say – she didn't know how to approach the subject again with Harry when he had told her he didn't want to talk about it. And it was seeing him like this that made Vega descend back into her quiet hole again.

If Harry's upset, I don't deserve to be happy, either.

The sky outside the windows was growing whiter, threatening snow, and Vega felt more and more lonely despite being surrounded by more and more people. She knew that Fred was keeping an eye on her and she tried to avoid looking the same as before as she kept away to herself.

Wanting to be alone was like a drug.

Harry finally made his appearance to the outside world since their visit to St. Mungo's when Mrs. Weasley called the children down to the kitchen for lunchtime. Vega peeked through her bedroom as Harry, rather walking down, went upstairs.

And the footsteps climbed at least two flights of stairs and she could distinctly hear him open the creaky door to Buckbeak's room and then the door closed. Vega pursed her lips and closed her own door, not feeling hungry and sat down to pretend that she was just studying.