⚡️ Chapter 75 ⚡️

Vega's mind was working overdrive, and before her mother could scream at her – she grabbed Harry's arm and ran for it as Bellatrix Lestrange sprinted right at them. Holding the prophecy high above her head, Vega sprinted back up the room; all she could think of doing was to draw the Death Eaters away from the others.

It seemed to have worked.

The Death Eaters streaked after them, knocking chairs and tables flying but not daring to bewitch Vega in case they hurt the prophecy, and Vega dashed with Harry in front of her through the only door still open, the one through which the Death Eaters themselves had come.

While they ran, Vega prayed that Neville would stay back with Ron and find some sort of releasing him, and as she was with these thoughts, she suddenly found Harry vanish from in front of her and before she herself see where he went, she felt the floor vanish –

Before Vega realised it, she found herself falling – falling down steep stone step after steep stone step, bouncing on every tier until at last, with a crash that knocked all the breath out of her body, she landed flat on her back in the sunken pit where the stone archway stood on its dais. Harry was right in front of her, also sprawled out.

Suddenly, the whole room was ringing with the Death Eaters' laughter. Vega looked up and saw the five who had been in the Brain Room descending toward them, while as many more emerged through other doorways and began leaping from bench to bench toward them.

It all resembled the summer night when Cedric had passed away, and as Vega pushed herself to her feet, she could feel her legs trembling beneath her so badly that they barely supporting her weight. Harry jumped to his feet behind her.

The prophecy was still miraculously unbroken in Vega's right hand while her wand clutched tightly in her right, ready to attack back.

With Harry safely behind her, Vega glanced around to survey the situation and decided to keep all the Death Eaters within her sight as she backed away, taking Harry with herself. She did so until the back of her legs hit something solid; she had reached the dais where the archway stood.

Following Harry, Vega climbed backward onto it.

By now, all the Death Eaters had halted, gazing at them. Some were panting as hard as they were. One was bleeding badly; Dolohov, freed of the full Body-Bind, was leering, his wand pointing straight at Vega's face in revenge for what she did.

"Potter and dear old Vega, your race is run," drawled Lucius Malfoy, pulling off his mask. "Now hand me the prophecy like a good girl..."

"Allow the others to get out of here unharmed and I'll hand this over to you," Vega told them calmly. "And more so, I'll walk with you to Voldemort,"

A few of the Death Eaters laughed but Vega held her head high.

"You are not in a position to bargain, Vega," Lucius Malfoy said, his pale face flushed with pleasure. "You see, there are ten of us and only two of you... or hasn't Dumbledore ever taught you how to count? I wouldn't expect a smart girl like you getting tongue-tied,"

"They're dot alone!
They've still god be!"

They were all interrupted by the voice that shouted from above, and Vega felt her heart sink rapidly down to her feet – Neville was scrambling down the stone benches toward them with Hermione's wand held fast in his trembling hand as he did so.

"Neville – no –" Vega stammered, caught completely off-guard by his arrival and even more concerned. "No! Go back to Ron and –!"

"STUBEFY!" Neville shouted again, pointing his wand at each Death Eater in turn. "STUBEFY! STUBE –"