⚡️ Chapter 7 ⚡️

Crack!

With two loud cracks, Fred and George Weasley had materialised out of thin air and into the middle of the room. Pigwidgeon twittered more wildly than ever and seemed to have had enough with the surprises and he zoomed off to join Hedwig on top of the wardrobe. Vega blew out at a sigh at this.

"Stop doing that!" Hermione complained weakly to the twins, and Vega looked toward Fred as he immediately walked over to hug the black-haired girl eagerly.

"Hello, Harry," George said, beaming at him. "We thought we heard your dulcet tones..."

"You don't want to bottle up your anger like that, Harry, let it all out," Fred said, also beaming. "There might be a couple of people fifty miles away who didn't hear you – but I must warn you that it better not disturb my girlfriend,"

"Fred," Vega muttered, embarrassed as she elbowed him in his side.

"You two passed your Apparation tests, then?" Harry asked grumpily.

"With distinction," Fred replied with great vigour, and Harry noticed that in the hand that the older male had around Vega was holding onto something peculiar.

"It would have taken you about thirty seconds longer to walk down the stairs," Ron pointed out.

"Time is Galleons, little brother," Fred responded. "Anyway, Harry, you're interfering with reception. Extendable Ears," He held up the ear that had its wire trailing out to the landing. "We're trying to hear what's going on downstairs,"

"You want to be careful," Ron told him, staring at the ear. "If Mum sees one of them again..."

"It's worth the risk, that's a major meeting they're having," Fred replied. "What do you think, love?" He looked toward Vega. "It must be something serious going on, right?"

However, before Vega could answer him, the door opened and a long mane of red hair appeared.

"Oh, hello, Harry!" Ginny said, brightly. "I thought I heard your voice," She turned to Fred and George. "It's no go with the Extendable Ears, she's gone and put an Imperturbable Charm on the kitchen door,"

"How do you know?" George asked, looking crestfallen.

"Tonks told me how to find out," Ginny replied. "You just chuck stuff at the door and if it can't make contact the door's been Imperturbed. I've been flicking Dungbombs at it from the top of the stairs and they just soar away from it, so there's no way the Extendable Ears will be able to get under the gap,"

"Shame," Fred said as he heaved a deep sigh and burrowed his head into Vega's curly hair. "I really fancied finding out what old Snape's been up to,"

"Snape?" Harry asked quickly. "Is he here?"

"Yeah," George said, carefully closing the door and sitting down on one of the beds, followed by Ginny. "Giving a report. Top secret,"

"Git," Fred commented idly as he pulled Vega along with himself and made her sit on the bed before he sat down next to her.

"He's on our side now," Hermione responded reprovingly and Ron snorted.

"Doesn't stop him being a git," Ron told her, rolling his eyes at the mere thought of it. "The way he looks at us when he sees us..."

"Bill doesn't like him either," Ginny said, as though that settled the matter, and Vega understood how she felt – the younger female held her eldest brother in great regard.

"Is Bill here?" Harry asked as he sank onto the bed opposite the others, watching them calmly for once – mainly because he didn't want Fred to prank him. "I thought he was working in Egypt,"