⚡️ Chapter 61 ⚡️

Vega had always felt that, despite being in her first, the relationship with Fred had been serious. But now that they had spent that night together, she felt it cemented the feelings for Fred in her heart in a way that she felt she wouldn't ever be able to let go. And she hadn't ever felt that Fred could get more attractive in her eyes but it seemed like she didn't know a lot of things about herself after all, and that was perfectly fine for her.

Dora had been quite right that things change between people once they pass that threshold, and Vega knew that her cousin had told her not to let that one experience define everything but she felt like she couldn't be more love in with Fred since that day. It had been concerning for her to feel this surge until she was placated by Fred's morning kiss.

"How are you feeling?" Fred had asked her, and Vega could only smile back at him. "Still tired, are you, love? You can sleep in – it's still quite early,"

"I love you," Vega had told him eagerly, watching for his reaction to these new words between them and Fred had smiled widely before he kissed her.

"I love you, too," Fred assured her, brushing strands of her lazy curls away from her face until his palm came to a rest on her cheek. "You look so beautiful," He chuckled when he felt her face turn warm. "And even more when you're blushing,"

"Of course, you would like it, you're the one making me all embarrassed," Vega replied, turning her face away from him but he only laughed.

"Too bad – you have to get used to it," Fred told her as he turned her face gently back to face him so he could kiss her all over it. "Because truth be told, I'm going to remind you of it every day, I don't care if it gets old,"

That had several days ago, and Fred seemed to be keeping his declaration – yet it didn't seem to get old because it never failed to make Vega blush. But she found that she didn't mind it at all for now, it felt like they had no secrets or boundaries between them anymore.

Hermione seemed to be aware of what had happened, and Vega had vaguely admitted to it to the brunette. And maybe it was a bit selfish of Vega but she wanted to keep all details of that experience with her and Fred only.

It was the most special, after all.

Due to upcoming O.W.L exams and the piling studies, there wasn't a lot of opportunities that Vega got to spend with Fred but she was quite sure it would improve once they were out of school, even during the summer holidays.

The D.A meetings, however, provided Vega with ample time to spend with Fred, and the ring had been really helping her out. She glanced toward Fred where he was working on today's practise with George and Lee in one corner of the room.

They had finally started work on Patronuses, which everybody had been very keen to practice, especially Vega showed them her own Patronus – the large, bright Thunderbird that she was oddly proud of, more so when Fred complimented it.

However, Vega and Harry to remind all else that producing a Patronus in the middle of a brightly lit classroom when they were not under threat was very different to producing it when confronted by something like a Dementor.

"Oh, don't be such a killjoy," Cho said brightly, watching her silvery swan-shaped Patronus soar around the Room of Requirement during their last lesson before Easter. "They're so pretty!"

"They're not supposed to be pretty, they're supposed to protect you," Harry said patiently. "What we really need is a boggart or something; that's how I learned, I had to conjure a Patronus while the boggart was pretending to be a Dementor –"

"But that would be really scary!" Lavender said, who was shooting puffs of silver vapor out of the end of her wand. "And I still – can't – do it!" She added angrily.