⚡️ Chapter 54 ⚡️

Their last evening of holidays went by fairly quickly and before long, the school had started once again. Vega was not looking forward to Umbridge or Snape after everything that had happened but Harry was positively dreading his Occlumency session with Snape that was to be held on the first day back for their second term.

It didn't help their morning Potions lesson did nothing to dispel his trepidation, as Snape was as unpleasant as ever, and the fact that members of the D.A. were continually approaching Vega and Harry in the corridors between classes, asking hopefully whether there would be a meeting the first night back to Hogwarts.

"I understand that you all want a meeting but it will be quite hard tonight," Vega told them again and again. "But until then, you can all practise the spells on your own," She tried to smile at them but they all had the same responses –

"When?"

"Why?"

"We'll let you know when the next one is," Harry answered to that over and over again. "But I can't do it tonight, I've got to go to – er – Remedial Potions..."

"You take Remedial Potions?" Zacharias asked Smith superciliously, having cornered them in the Entrance Hall after lunch. "Good Lord, you must be terrible, Snape doesn't usually give extra lessons, does he?"

As Smith strode away in an annoyingly buoyant fashion, Ron glared after him, "Shall I jinx him? I can still get him from here," He raised his wand and took aim between Smith's shoulder blades.

"I think you forget that you're a Prefect," Vega commented and that seemed to remind Hermione of her status, as well, and the brunette shot a look at Ron.

"Anyway, forget it," Harry said dismally, and Vega turned to look at him in concern. "It's what everyone's going to think, isn't it? That I'm really stup –"

"Hi, Harry," said a voice behind them, and they turned around and found Cho standing there. Vega shared a look with Ron and Hermione.

"Oh," Harry greeted back, looking a bit sick. "Hi,"

"We'll be in the library, Harry," Hermione said firmly, and she seized Ron above the elbow and dragged him off toward the marble staircase while Vega quietly followed behind them.

"What does Cho want with Harry?" Ron asked.

"There's no point explaining it to you, is it?" Vega asked, a bit amused. "I think she likes Harry and wanted to make sure that he was doing okay,"

"Can't she tell by looking at him?" Ron went on. "He looks fine,"

"It isn't only physical, you know that, Ron," Vega replied. "And before you ask how can she see if he is hurt other than physical – when people like each other, they notice,"

They all settled down together in the library, and it didn't take Harry long to join them there as well, sitting down in the open chair next to Vega and across from Ron and Hermione. He told them all about what had happened and how he had ended up asking Cho for a Hogsmeade date on the 14th of February trip – Valentine's Day.

"That sounds good," Vega agreed. "I hope you have a good time,"

But Harry could only smile wearily in response, and that only lasted until the clock struck six o'clock because as he got ready to leave for Snape's office, he was looking positively frustrated, which concerned Vega even more.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Vega asked. "Everyone's been asking me to care for you all, and I don't mind dealing with Snape if you want me to come,"